Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panther4life

Rookie QB'S stats vs same opponents

51 posts in this topic

Picture of JStew catching a punt/Clausen pass is also reference. I believe the ball traveled something like 36 yards with a running head start.

A running head start is not how qb's air it out. They need to have their feet set and time to wind up to air it out, not a running head start.

How do you deny all the deep passes he threw to Golden Tate and Michael Floyd in college? You think his arm all of a sudden got weaker?? Hes not Jay cutler when it comes to arm strength, but I wouldnt call it a noodle arm

I wasn't the only one questioning the arm strength. Alot of those plays to Tate and Floyd have huge YAC yards. Numerous Scouts said he lacked arm strength and his 7 yard underthrow to Lafell earlier this year is just another notch on the belt. We have players on this roster who dont even play the qb position and can throw 15+ more yards and more accurate at that depth.

How do you deny all the deep passes he threw to Golden Tate and Michael Floyd in college? You think his arm all of a sudden got weaker?? Hes not Jay cutler when it comes to arm strength, but I wouldnt call it a noodle arm

There is a big difference in throwing the ball up for grabs in college when you have pro receivers against scrub DBs and trying to throw an accurate deep ball in the NFL. If Jimmy had played in a conference against tougher competition you could realistically figure that a lot of those balls get knocked down or intercepted. Factor in the YAC yards on top of that and wallah.

I understand you don't get a running start to throw it deep. My point was that his arm is so weak he can't throw it that far on the run, only like 36 yards. Most people on this board could throw it 36 backpeddling. It's not even like he had to be that accurate, literally no one was around Stew, he just had to heave it out there.

Then the LaFell one where he had all day in the pocket, stepped into his throw, and it landed so far away from LaFell he couldn't even make an attempt at it.

1 person likes this

The pass to LaFell last Sunday that put the Panthers in a position to kick the winning field goal was under thrown by about 2 yards as LaFell had to go to the ground. I think it was a 30-yard pass that traveled 28.

I wish these threads were ban-able at this point. Off the top of my head, I'd guess the OL, CBs, and WR (b/c of Smitty) are the average oldest on the team... No, I'm not looking.

Saying that, this OL didn't just become poo overnight. So I'm tired of hearing "Bradford has a better OL" or McCoy for that matter. The likelihood of the Rams crappy OL becoming better since last season is just as good as ours becoming crap because we let Vincent go.

Secondly, yes, we may have 2 rookie WRs in the Top 3 WRs we play, but we have one of the league's best who is hardly being used because every QB other than Moore couldn't get it to him. Bradford and McCoy are playing with scrubs. Mostly possession WRs with no gamebreaking ability (No, Cribbs isn't a WR, I don't care what they put him at).

Thirdly, watch Bradford. Watch McCoy. Watch Clausen. There's a huge difference from the first two to Clausen.

Do you think knowledgeable, football-savvy Browns fans are debating if McCoy is the future? Now what about Rams fans? No, unless they have a personal agenda, they see a rookie coming in and leading them to wins.

Bradford and McCoy can escape pressure and make plays happen on their own. They make the easy plays that are given to them. They make a few plays that aren't on their own. Clausen does none of this. His only TD was on throw against a blown coverage that any of us could've stepped in and made.

I'm saying all this to re-state the obvious: HE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A FRANCHISE QB. BECAUSE HE ISN'T.

We lost PFFL and P4L picked right up for him.

1 person likes this

How do you deny all the deep passes from Purple Drink himself, JaMarcus Russell from college? Quality QBing right there.

I wish these threads were ban-able at this point. Off the top of my head, I'd guess the OL, CBs, and WR (b/c of Smitty) are the average oldest on the team... No, I'm not looking.

Saying that, this OL didn't just become poo overnight. So I'm tired of hearing "Bradford has a better OL" or McCoy for that matter. The likelihood of the Rams crappy OL becoming better since last season is just as good as ours becoming crap because we let Vincent go.

Secondly, yes, we may have 2 rookie WRs in the Top 3 WRs we play, but we have one of the league's best who is hardly being used because every QB other than Moore couldn't get it to him. Bradford and McCoy are playing with scrubs. Mostly possession WRs with no gamebreaking ability (No, Cribbs isn't a WR, I don't care what they put him at).

Thirdly, watch Bradford. Watch McCoy. Watch Clausen. There's a huge difference from the first two to Clausen.

Do you think knowledgeable, football-savvy Browns fans are debating if McCoy is the future? Now what about Rams fans? No, unless they have a personal agenda, they see a rookie coming in and leading them to wins.

Bradford and McCoy can escape pressure and make plays happen on their own. They make the easy plays that are given to them. They make a few plays that aren't on their own. Clausen does none of this. His only TD was on throw against a blown coverage that any of us could've stepped in and made.

I'm saying all this to re-state the obvious: HE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A FRANCHISE QB. BECAUSE HE ISN'T.

I never said he is..

I'm just defending him against those who say he sucks.

Some people act like your either a Peyton or David Carr.

How do you deny all the deep passes from Purple Drink himself, JaMarcus Russell from college? Quality QBing right there.

wtf kind of logic are you using.

I say Clausen doesent have a noodle arm and prove it with something you can go on youtube and see.

Where does Jamarcus even come into the conversation.

I never said he is..

Some people act like your either a Peyton or David Carr, not in between

He is not even on Delhomme's level..At best, Sage Rosenfels level. A good game everyone once in awhile and enough to keep you on a team.

Bradford is running a west coast offense that allows him to throw the ball 35-55 times a game.

So? Maybe we should do this hmmm...

Clausen is on a run first offense and will rarely if ever match Bradford in attempts.

Half the problem right here.

Bradford is doing a really good job throwing short passes to running backs who gain yards after the catch. So is McCoy... go look at their leading receivers.

Crazy how the system works huh?

Yards after the catch, wutz dat?

(not a shot at you but our horrible offensive system)

I've watched almost every Rams game this year thanks to Sunday ticket and I have rarely seen vertical passing from Bradford. It's tough to compare what he (or McCoy) are asked to do vs Clausen but they are doing it well. Those rookies succeeding does not mean Clausen is failing in a tougher system.... except for everyone that thinks he is of course.

So what you are saying is that in the NFL you don't actually need a vertical passing game to move the chains and score touchdowns through the air?

Bradford is not only playing better than Clausen but he is playing better than any rookie QB....err...ever...

So enjoy watching him for the rest of the year, you may never see such a thing again.

I never said he is..

Some people act like your either a Peyton or David Carr, not in between

Well then, if he doesn't suck what does he do?

You're right, some people do act like you're either Manning or Carr, but in this case, that's ridiculous. Carr was/is better than Clausen.