Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers find bright spots in defensive ends

47 posts in this topic

Posted

(By Darin Gantt, dgantt@heraldonline.com) The Carolina Panthers pass rush offers no name recognition, and little help from the middle.p/But when you're 1-10 and fading, you latch onto bright spots where you can find them. The Panthers are showing signs they might be finding the pass rush they've been looking for since Julius Peppers took his act to Chicago.

More...

1 person likes this

Posted

shameless propaganda

1 person likes this

Posted

Only Cincy and Denver have fewer than Carolina's 18 sacks....

Posted

But....according to all of the "experts" here, our DE's suck.

Posted

Fox should ask Everette Brown: "What have you done for me lately?"

He's invisible every game. I almost forgot we drafted him.

Posted

I see brown every game. Hard not to notice his non stop motor. He's been close to many sacks., and been part of the reason the opposing qb has to move around. When the defensive tackles aren't getting the pressure as often as they should, it makes it harder for the ends.

I like all the young ends we have.

Upgrade at the dt position (a much bigger need than qb IMO), will greatly improve our defense.

1 person likes this

Posted

our ends aren't bad for for f**k's sake CAN WE GET A DT THAT CAN COLLAPSE THE MIDDLE PL0X

Posted

On average, it takes a DE about 2-3 years to adjust to the pro game. There are a handful of exceptions to that, but they are rare.

Posted

A good DT will keep double teams off of our DE's, keep blockers off of our LB's and help create a pass rush which will help our CB's. It's not rocket science, the teams with the most wins have good O-lines and good D-lines. Right now none of the Panthers lines are playing well.

Posted

just another reason to drat a big nasty DT so they can get even better

Posted

Funny how I talked about how good Lewis was and how we would miss him this year and everyone said he wasn't very good and no big loss. Now Baker confirms what I said and mentions him by name. LOL at all the folks who said we wouldn't miss the vets.

Posted

Funny how I talked about how good Lewis was and how we would miss him this year and everyone said he wasn't very good and no big loss. Now Baker confirms what I said and mentions him by name. LOL at all the folks who said we wouldn't miss the vets.

Where did Baker mention him by name?

Lewis is currently on the second string of the Houston Texans. Not sure how that qualifies as good. As if having him would have noticabley changed anything.