46 replies to this topic

#1 Laetitia

Laetitia

I serve only Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

(By Darin Gantt, dgantt@heraldonline.com) The Carolina Panthers pass rush offers no name recognition, and little help from the middle.p/But when you're 1-10 and fading, you latch onto bright spots where you can find them. The Panthers are showing signs they might be finding the pass rush they've been looking for since Julius Peppers took his act to Chicago.

More...

#2 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

shameless propaganda

#3 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Only Cincy and Denver have fewer than Carolina's 18 sacks....

#4 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,077 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

But....according to all of the "experts" here, our DE's suck.

#5 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

Fox should ask Everette Brown: "What have you done for me lately?"

He's invisible every game. I almost forgot we drafted him.

#6 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,405 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

I see brown every game. Hard not to notice his non stop motor. He's been close to many sacks., and been part of the reason the opposing qb has to move around. When the defensive tackles aren't getting the pressure as often as they should, it makes it harder for the ends.

I like all the young ends we have.

Upgrade at the dt position (a much bigger need than qb IMO), will greatly improve our defense.

Edited by pantherclaw, 04 December 2010 - 05:54 PM.
typo

#7 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,627 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

our ends aren't bad for for f**k's sake CAN WE GET A DT THAT CAN COLLAPSE THE MIDDLE PL0X

Edited by Raging Bull, 02 December 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

On average, it takes a DE about 2-3 years to adjust to the pro game. There are a handful of exceptions to that, but they are rare.

#9 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

A good DT will keep double teams off of our DE's, keep blockers off of our LB's and help create a pass rush which will help our CB's. It's not rocket science, the teams with the most wins have good O-lines and good D-lines. Right now none of the Panthers lines are playing well.

#10 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

just another reason to drat a big nasty DT so they can get even better

#11 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

Funny how I talked about how good Lewis was and how we would miss him this year and everyone said he wasn't very good and no big loss. Now Baker confirms what I said and mentions him by name. LOL at all the folks who said we wouldn't miss the vets.

#12 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:23 AM

Funny how I talked about how good Lewis was and how we would miss him this year and everyone said he wasn't very good and no big loss. Now Baker confirms what I said and mentions him by name. LOL at all the folks who said we wouldn't miss the vets.

Where did Baker mention him by name?

Lewis is currently on the second string of the Houston Texans. Not sure how that qualifies as good. As if having him would have noticabley changed anything.

#13 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

I agree with the article 100%. While Brown hasn't showed greatness yet, he is still only 22 and should be a force next year. Hardy was the steal of the draft for us and he is already showing promise for us. If we can replace Hayden next year our defensive line should be dominate once again. I would rather see us draft a defensive tackle rather than QB unless we can get one in FA. This will make our defense very dominate.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

we need to be hitting FA hard looking for those DTs we need. much better choice there than in the draft.

#15 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

Where did Baker mention him by name?

Lewis is currently on the second string of the Houston Texans. Not sure how that qualifies as good. As if having him would have noticabley changed anything.

Your right, Gantt talks to Baker and they talk about the defensive ends and lack of production by the DT (reference to escape lanes) and Gantt does research and finds that this year the DTs combined have 8 pressures and Lewis alone last year had 22.
And you really don't see how things have fallen off since he left or that he was a major contributor last year?? How would things have changed? Over twice as many pressures from the DT position alone not counting whatever Kemo would have brought to the table. What part of that didn't you understand??

Hard to believe people can still argue that the veteran losses were not significant. It was the major and largely only thing that changed from last to this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.