Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laetitia

Panthers find bright spots in defensive ends

47 posts in this topic

Mathis as a LB usually lines up and plays as a stand-up DE on run downs when Freeney is on the sidelines. Freeney rarely plays on run downs.

Not saying Davis as the DE, I'm saying Brown with Davis behind him as the OLB, much in the same fashion as Mathis playing behind Freeney when Freeney is on the field.

Really? I am sure that happens on occasion, but everything I have seen list Mathis as playing the predominant amount of his snaps at LE?

Freeney and Mathis have played on more rushing plays than anyone else on the Colts DLine...

I confess though that I do not know the Colts incredibly well.

You're right. I'm thinking of Gary Brackett, not Mathis. I haven't seen much of the Colts this season, but in past years Freeney was just plain bad playing the run.

Freeney has improved his run defense significantly in the past 2 years. He still doesn't make a ton of tackles though.

Fox should ask Everette Brown: "What have you done for me lately?"

He's invisible every game. I almost forgot we drafted him.

oh poo i forgot that name, i didnt even know who you was talking about laff.gif

Works his ass off. Can't quite get there.
He's still playing his part of the line. It helps the other guys. And he'll continue to get better.

Sacks will come.

our ends aren't bad for for f**k's sake CAN WE GET A DT THAT CAN COLLAPSE THE MIDDLE PL0X

Why? We already have the Nick Hayden.

Why? We already have the Nick Hayden.

hey at least Ed Johnson has an INT!

1 person likes this

• Topics

• wait has anyone mentioned yet that we play this team twice a year? see the Buc's on there too?
    • I have tried to watch it twice and just lost interest.  Its boring, badly acted and silly.  I dunno either man.
    • Yep, I'm not a KB fan. Nor will I ever be. The guy is a lazy mofo who doesn't take his shot at the NFL seriously enough. You guys can hang on the occasional acrobatic catch but not me. I'm not satisfied with garbage time performances. Sloppy routes, crucial drops, weak attitude, etc. Meh, I'm good.  No, you are in denial. Sheppard wasn't going half speed at practice. Take it as you will. Please do. I won't be hopping on any KB bandwagon. Like I said, you guys can marvel at meaningless scores and yards but I'll give a damn when Benjamin actually shows up and makes a positive impact on a 3rd down or redzone conversion when the game is on the line. Bite me, asswipe. I don't want to celebrate anything with you.