Photo
- - - - -

PELOSI: Birth control will help economy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#16 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

Pelosi is the left's version of W, honestly. She can be a complete idiot and often she makes you wonder how in the world she got to where she is. Difference being that since she's on the left, mainsream media doesn't hammer her for it as much as they did Bush.

My favorite recent comment, when asked how something could be called 'bipartisan' when it had no Republican support, she said "Well just because they didn't vote for it doesn't mean they didn't have the opportunity to" :lol:

Or it could have been in part of this small thing: Bush was the president, she wasn't?

#17 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

really there's nothing stupid about the concept. maybe she said it a little uncouthly.

#18 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

welfare by itself as it stands now probably is, but used as a bridging tool along with the appropriate progressive education programs and massive investment into the infrastructure of impoverished communities, schools, along with microlending programs and sponsoring of community banks, blah blah blah i could go on forever, would be very useful.

Poor Fiz.
You silly idealist.

#19 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

Life experience: Zero

#20 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

People who want welfare should pay for it out of their own wallets. Oops, then we wouldn't have welfare, would we?

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

Poor Fiz.
You silly idealist.

Pretty much. Like KG pointed out, life experience.

What he's described is what they had in mind when it was conceived. But like a lot of other government programs, when it's applied in the real world, with real people, the results are something different altogether.

A lot of the problem is based in the wrongheaded assumption that all or the majority of people are basically good and will do the right thing. Reality is that a solid percentage of people will exploit and/or abuse the system for everything they can get.

If you don't create things that take that into account, you lose.

#22 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

so the only counters are "lol you're young" and "but you see people aren't good, and this assumption allows me to not have to comprehend everything you proposed."

#23 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

One day Fiz you'll grow up and find that a kind of forced sterilization of the poor is a natural part of life.

#24 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

People who want welfare should pay for it out of their own wallets. Oops, then we wouldn't have welfare, would we?

in that case, it's called "charity'.

#25 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

so the only counters are "lol you're young" and "but you see people aren't good, and this assumption allows me to not have to comprehend everything you proposed."

A lot of what you included in that post is going on in New Orleans. Projects are being torn down in favor of mixed use developements, job opportunities are being offered, charter schools have taken the place of schools run by the city, etc. Whether it works or not will be decided in time but I like the steps the city has taken, it beats the sh*t out of having the crime infested projects.

#26 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:10 AM

charter schools are an awful idea.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com