106 replies to this topic

#91 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

If you have been watching the panthers for longer that a year you would know its pretty likely.

Really, cuz I've been watching since 1996, tell me who. And if you say David Carr and Keyshawn Johnson I'll laugh at you.

Btw genius its just John not Johnathan.

I know genius, you obviously cant tell when sarcasm is used...:rolleyes:

#92 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

Really, cuz I've been watching since 1996, tell me who. And if you say David Carr and Keyshawn Johnson I'll laugh at you.

I know genius, you obviously cant tell when sarcasm is used...:rolleyes:

Sure chalk it up to sarcasm.

#93 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:59 AM

Sure chalk it up to sarcasm.

Anyone whose a panther fan would get it, or have common sense. I see you probably dont have either...

#94 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, that Luck guy is a joke. I don't think he even showed up to the Orange Bowl.

#95 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Luck is a good player, but i dont think he will save this team. We need other options, which is why I'm actually hoping we trade that number 1 pick for some late 1st and 2nd rounders to nab QB Tyrod Taylor, and have some more picks after that.

#96 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

I got snaught all over my laptop from laughing from the above post just now.

#97 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

^haha... new coach... new QB... first pick and he will want his own guy in there to start building his team.... plain and simple...

#98 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

^haha... new coach... new QB... first pick and he will want his own guy in there to start building his team.... plain and simple...

No, because if his "own guy" is a flop then the coach will be looked at as "playing favorites, not being objective".

Pete Carroll had the chance to take his own safety Taylor Mays but took Earl Thomas instead... So not every coach does that.

Norm Chow was USC's offensive coordinator and his Tennessee Titans took Vince Young over Matt Leinart, a USC product

#99 swilber08

swilber08

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

so I guess Ohio knows more about Luck than all the former great QB's and professional scouts do since they are all in agreement that he is the REAL deal

bottom line is everyone agrees (anyone with a brain anyway) that Luck has VERY few flaws if any at all...he has everything you want in an NFL QB and to pass on him would be simply foolish...im not saying he is guaranteed to be a pro bowler or hall of famer because NOBODY is coming out of college, but hes by far got the best chance to be great out of anyone in the draft...you simply cant pass on him

#100 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,837 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

Cause hes to awesome

#101 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

so I guess Ohio knows more about Luck than all the former great QB's and professional scouts do since they are all in agreement that he is the REAL deal

bottom line is everyone agrees (anyone with a brain anyway) that Luck has VERY few flaws if any at all...he has everything you want in an NFL QB and to pass on him would be simply foolish...im not saying he is guaranteed to be a pro bowler or hall of famer because NOBODY is coming out of college, but hes by far got the best chance to be great out of anyone in the draft...you simply cant pass on him

You're an idiot lets see what those same scouts said...the ones who you want to follow for every decision

1. Jamarcus Russell
2. Akili Smith
3. Cade Mcnown
4. Matt Leinart
5. Alex Smith
6. JIMMY CLAUSEN
7. Ryan Leaf
8. David Carr
9. Joey Harrington
10. Todd Marinovich

There are 10 reasons why you shouldn't believe everything the scouts say. But your too far gone to get any help.

#102 swilber08

swilber08

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:40 PM

You're an idiot lets see what those same scouts said...the ones who you want to follow for every decision

as opposed to your logic which is that Jimmy Clausen could still become our franchise QB and that Luck's downside is that he played in the PAC-10 and is young?! :rolleyes:

ever heard of Troy Aikman, John Elway, and Aaron Rodgers??

one thing in common about them is that they all had apparent weaknesses coming out of college and became great QB's....Andrew Luck is a VERY rare prospect in that he has no apparent weaknesses

#103 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

Ohio i completely agree with your sig, but it should say "Don't draft Cam or Luck, they are not saviors"

#104 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

Ohio i completely agree with your sig, but it should say "Don't draft Cam or Luck, they are not saviors"

I'd agree with that

#105 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Plain and simple Clausen didn't play well enough for the new coach or whoever to see it as stable.

Whether or not it's Clausen's fault that he didn't play well doesn't matter, the QB position isn't stable.

So I don't get the big deal about drafting Luck. A FA and/or competent draft pick need to be brought in.

I'd rather trade down now and go the FA route since Luck would have been the highest rated QB prospect on the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.