Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Citigroup buys 50 million dollar jet

29 posts in this topic

What a sweet ass way to spend our money!!!

This means we can all ride it whenever we want, right?

i dont understand what gives you the right to judge how private companies run their business'. you have no idea how to run a corporation, you have no idea what their business endeavors entail.

besides, that purchase made a lot of people a lot of money. obviously, thats a good thing.

i dont understand what gives you the right to judge how private companies run their business'. you have no idea how to run a corporation, you have no idea what their business endeavors entail.

besides, that purchase made a lot of people a lot of money. obviously, thats a good thing.

When public monies are given to a corporation to keep it afloat, it becomes of public interest how it spends its money.

Novel concept, I know.

When public monies are given to a corporation to keep it afloat, it becomes of public interest how it spends its money.

Novel concept, I know.

haha yea i deleted my post after realizing what the topic was really about. all the business's that have recieved these bail-out's shouldve been left out to dry. if they fuged up, thats their problem, not ours as taxpayers.

Yup, it's OUR money. It's not like their company is doing fine and we didn't help them out, and we just hate people who buy jets.

So did I when I realized you deleted your post. lol

the bottom line is the government should not be handing out free-bee's to these corporations. its their problem if they dont know how to run a business, and therefore should be left out to dry.

What did we expect...the only people that loose their jobs are joe schmoes like us. The idiots that make the decisions maintain their jobs and maintain the stupid decision making. Seriously what did you expect when they stay in power...nothing changed...only they now have MORE of our money.

What did we expect...the only people that loose their jobs are joe schmoes like us. The idiots that make the decisions maintain their jobs and maintain the stupid decision making. Seriously what did you expect when they stay in power...nothing changed...only they now have MORE of our money.

Don't worry... I'm sure they'll loan your money back to you at 5% APR.

Nice Kneejerk reactions here.

The Jet was ordered in 2005 and Citibank paid a deposit for it that they lost when they canceled the order. But then, I guess they should have known they were going to need government help and not ordered the jet in the first place.

I am more concerned about Citibank's management and will they improve their performance than whether they purchsed a jet or not.

your logic is extremely warped.