Photo
- - - - -

Citigroup buys 50 million dollar jet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#16 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

What did we expect...the only people that loose their jobs are joe schmoes like us. The idiots that make the decisions maintain their jobs and maintain the stupid decision making. Seriously what did you expect when they stay in power...nothing changed...only they now have MORE of our money.

#17 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,491 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

What did we expect...the only people that loose their jobs are joe schmoes like us. The idiots that make the decisions maintain their jobs and maintain the stupid decision making. Seriously what did you expect when they stay in power...nothing changed...only they now have MORE of our money.

Don't worry... I'm sure they'll loan your money back to you at 5% APR.

#18 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

News just said they canceled the order on the jet.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

Nice Kneejerk reactions here.

The Jet was ordered in 2005 and Citibank paid a deposit for it that they lost when they canceled the order. But then, I guess they should have known they were going to need government help and not ordered the jet in the first place.

I am more concerned about Citibank's management and will they improve their performance than whether they purchsed a jet or not.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 27 January 2009 - 07:00 PM.

#20 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

your logic is extremely warped.

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

I find it hard to believe that in less than 4 years a company can go from wanting a 50 million dollar jet to having the government give them billions to keep the doors open.

#22 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

capitalism... all forms of government..are bound to fail.. when greed takes top priority

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

I find it hard to believe that in less than 4 years a company can go from wanting a 50 million dollar jet to having the government give them billions to keep the doors open.

In two years, Wachovia went from paying 24 billion for Golden West to being bought lock stock and barrel by Wells Fargo for 15 billion.

#24 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

In two years, Wachovia went from paying 24 billion for Golden West to being bought lock stock and barrel by Wells Fargo for 15 billion.

I can't even comprehend how the people in those org. did not know that an economic slowdown was going to happen.

Really is puzzling to me.

#25 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

I can't even comprehend how the people in those org. did not know that an economic slowdown was going to happen.

Really is puzzling to me.

Took a gamble that the econmy would get better.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com