Photo
- - - - -

UNC/Kentucky

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#81 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

And you think of big men quite often, so you would certainly be the one to ask.

#82 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

UNC's last 14 points came from the line. UK had three players foul out, including both centers. Free throw disparity: 37-21. But hey, who can blame our centers? When I think of quick, tough to defend big men I think of Tyler Zeller.

I remember hearing that Calipari told his bigs to play physical against Zeller & Henson. And they did...Unfortunately for them they got called for a lot of fouls because of it. But that's the chance you take when you play physical.

As for the free throw disparity, UK only shot 7-27 from inside the paint. Because of that UK turned into a jump shooting team, attemtping 21 3's. On the other end, UNC pounded the ball inside. They had no other choice seeing as their jump shots weren't falling. Now who do you think is gonna get more free throw attempts, the team that pounds the ball inside or the team that shoots jumpers?

By the way, Kentucky was called for 26 fouls on Saturday. The Tar Heels were called for 20. Not a big difference at all. What I'm trying to say is, UNC won the game not the refs...

#83 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

If UNC had won by 10, I would agree with you. They won by two. Ray Charles could see why.

#84 God

God

Attitude

HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

kentucky just isnt that good bro

#85 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:35 PM

kentucky just isnt that good bro

I know. But UNC isn't either. We had a good chance to pick up a rare win in CH. That chance went down the drain with those two quick cheapies on Harrelson. Reminded me of the Duke/UConn Final Four game when Duke got two quickies on Okafor, flopping both times.

I'll be honest. I didn't even watch the second half, and that's the half most UK fans are bitching about on the message boards. Supposedly there were two terrible charge calls late in the game, but I don't want to see em.

#86 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

I know. But UNC isn't either. We had a good chance to pick up a rare win in CH. That chance went down the drain with those two quick cheapies on Harrelson. Reminded me of the Duke/UConn Final Four game when Duke got two quickies on Okafor, flopping both times.

I'll be honest. I didn't even watch the second half, and that's the half most UK fans are bitching about on the message boards. Supposedly there were two terrible charge calls late in the game, but I don't want to see em.

I'll be leaving now...