328 replies to this topic

#271 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,817 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

It's not just the run, run, pass. It's the protection schemes and the routes. Panthers WRs have 1 route - 10 yard hitches. Sometimes when the TE runs a flag underneath the WR, the WR will run a go pattern. Not a whole lot to work with there.
The whole right side of the line is garbage. Jeff Davidson is an offensive line guru, which makes the situation even worse. I don't think the linemen know where to slide, but I guess that should be expected if your QB can't read a defense.

And see that's what I expected Clausen to do when he came here. I thought he had an edge because he was in a pro system. He was already knowing of how to read the D and make his pass. Obviously he dose not and prob why he fell so far in the draft.

#272 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

Clausen is the worst QB of all time. If you cannot see that you would have to be blind.

#273 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

He knows more about football than 99% of the people that post on here, and I'm pretty sure he knows how to spell "what"

all Gettis really said is Clausen is catching flak, is a rookie, and many don't understand how much an NFL QB is responsible for.

Jimmy ain't in college. He is a paid professional. A rookie drafted where he was and with his hype (as far as knowing a pro system)......he SHOULD have shown something more.

#274 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

He knows more about football than 99% of the people that post on here, and I'm pretty sure he knows how to spell "what"

I bet he knows how to identify a typo, too.

#275 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

I think we should of been more patient with Jimmy and let him sit his rookie year like they did Carson Palmer. One positive about Jimmy is that he hasn't thrown more than one interception in a game and in the past three games has completed over 50% of his passes. Mark Sanchez I thought was horrible his rookie season and he had a great offensive line and way better offense than ours. He had 6 games with a qb rating of 60 or under and only had 4 games where he threw over 200 yards. Fact of the matter is that rookie qbs take time to learn the NFL game. Just because Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy are doing well their first season doesn't mean Jimmy is a bust. Eli Manning had a horrible rookie season and Peyton Manning threw 28 picks and had a 3-13 record his rookie season. With a change in our coaching department hopefully we will have a coach who can bring a good offensive mind and develop Clausen.

#276 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

I think we should of been more patient with Jimmy and let him sit his rookie year like they did Carson Palmer. One positive about Jimmy is that he hasn't thrown more than one interception in a game and in the past three games has completed over 50% of his passes. Mark Sanchez I thought was horrible his rookie season and he had a great offensive line and way better offense than ours. He had 6 games with a qb rating of 60 or under and only had 4 games where he threw over 200 yards. Fact of the matter is that rookie qbs take time to learn the NFL game. Just because Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy are doing well their first season doesn't mean Jimmy is a bust. Eli Manning had a horrible rookie season and Peyton Manning threw 28 picks and had a 3-13 record his rookie season. With a change in our coaching department hopefully we will have a coach who can bring a good offensive mind and develop Clausen.

Sanchez threw TD in 12 of his 16 starts as a rookie.
Sanchez completed 50% of his passes in 12 of his 16 starts.

Sanchez wasn't good his rookie year. He had moments though. No one expects Clausen to be good. No excuse for him not having some moments of good by now.....and he simply hasn't.

#277 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

Sanchez wasn't good his rookie year. He had moments though. No one expects Clausen to be good. No excuse for him not having some moments of good by now.....and he simply hasn't.

Sanchez also had experienced wide receivers and a top run game which tends to help.

Still Eli Manning as I pointed out did have a horrible start and look what he can do now.

#278 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

Clausen is the worst QB of all time. If you cannot see that you would have to be blind.

sarcasm? I think I will give you and your red bars the benefit of the doubt and say this is sarcasm.

#279 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:35 PM

well, the jets also had top 3 run offense and defense to help him out. what do we have? nothing near that. Clausen has shown some promise but its hard when our offense is handicapped by bad playcalling, a broken oline, and a handful of first year recievers except smith.

#280 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

BTW Sanchez sucks ass. He and his whole team got exposed last week.

#281 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

that's a bit too harsh. Belichick has a way of exposing people... I don't like Sanchez, but he's not bad...

Clausen still has a chance to show improvement this season, but so far, he's given no one any real reason to believe he is our future. That doesn't mean he's "the worst ever" or other nonsense being tossed around, but yeah. I don't want to settle for potential mediocrity... would rather hope for something greater than that.

#282 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

eh, he also completed 70% of his passes and had 3 TDs against NE earlier in the season.

#283 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

"I think a lot of people give him flak that don’t understand football or the responsibility he has," Gettis said. "He’s dictating where everything’s going and has to know every single aspect of it. I’m a receiver, all I have to know is my routes. He has to know everybody’s routes, where they’re going to be and when they’re going to be there. And he’s a rookie.

"I feel like the more time he gets, the more comfortable he gets. The more he sees, the less he has to think and he can rely on his God-given abilities, his arm, his strength and his accuracy."

http://www.bostonher...stonHerald.com)

Gettis says it all....

Of course he's gonna put in a good word for a fellow rook he's gone through camp and everything with. You don't have to know football to know he hasn't looked good and hasn't made much progress.

Bradford took a "reg-tag" group of receivers and recently upgraded OL to several wins already. He has been the difference for them. Clausen hasn't done that. McCoy has made the difference in a few of the Browns wins. Only difference Clausen has made is a bad one. At best he looks like a low-end game manager for the future, IF THAT.

It's still too early to tell what he'll be in the future, but a few wins this late in the season isn't going to make a difference in whether we should take Luck or not. He's had most of a season to show what he can do, and his progress hasn't been so huge that it's made a difference either...

#284 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:54 PM

eh, he also completed 70% of his passes and had 3 TDs against NE earlier in the season.

yea, but this game mattered a hell of alot more than that one.

#285 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

It's still too early to tell what he'll be in the future, but a few wins this late in the season isn't going to make a difference in whether we should take Luck or not. He's had most of a season to show what he can do, and his progress hasn't been so huge that it's made a difference either...

this is one area where I kinda disagree.

It depends how we win and how many... one where we win in spite of him isn't really going to convince me of him. If we win because of Clausen, if he really shows something, he may secure his job... and plus, we'll probably be knocked out of the Luck sweepstakes, so then it goes to Newton versus Clausen. But again, what have I seen that makes me think that is possible?? Nothing.

so I'm just going to enjoy tomorrow's game and relax, knowing that if we see improvement, good, and if we don't, at least there's a nice draft pick waiting for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com