Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotta love the South

11 posts in this topic

Posted

School and business closings for less that an inch of snow...

Posted

School and business closings for less that an inch of snow...

What's wrong with that? ;)

Posted

unfortunately i have to go to class tomorrow. there should be no classes on the week of finals

1 person likes this

Posted

Twice in my grade school days either I drove or my parents drove me to school only to see nobody there. Radio and News let us down those days.

Posted

+ the chicks are hot!!

Posted

I heard the county schools were closed today so I was prepared to take extra precautions on my drive to work at 7am...only to see that the roads were generally clear and most people still took those "extra precautions" on clear roads with snow on the sides.

I'm all about being safe but when you're driving 30 on the interstate and the roads are clear...you just need to pull over and re-evaluate your life.

Posted

I heard the county schools were closed today so I was prepared to take extra precautions on my drive to work at 7am...only to see that the roads were generally clear and most people still took those "extra precautions" on clear roads with snow on the sides.

I'm all about being safe but when you're driving 30 on the interstate and the roads are clear...you just need to pull over and re-evaluate your life.

hahaha, so true

Posted

I went to Firehouse Subs yesterday for lunch and there was a worker pouring salt all over the one wet spot that was about 2 feet in diameter in front of the store. They even poured some precautionary salt on the rest of the sidewalk that was bone dry. I couldn't believe it.

Posted

Good thing I dont live in Canada. Schools close for 5 feet of snow thats the minimum.

Posted

Anyone remember this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6847593

Kids sleeping at school. People stuck in cars for 8 hours. Sleeping in grocery stores over an inch of snow.

Posted

well UNC is the exception....a few years back, they made us go in a blizzard, then canceled class when the sun came out at 3:30 for the rest of the day. And the teachers were anal about attendance >:-(