Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jbro

Andrew Luck News & Updates

720 posts in this topic

He could just be a team oriented player that doesn't want his declaration overshadowing the bowl game.

I have seen him in every game, one in person when he put the Cardinal up against my Ducks 21-3 early in the second quarter. I've watched all the other games on ESPN or Fox Sports NW. He is the real deal, and he will only get better. The main reasons I want Harbaugh, is because he'll run a version of what he does at Stanford with the Panthers, and Luck will already have 3 years in the system, before they even start here. Second, if Harbaugh leaves, then Luck will too. Plus hes losing 7 of 11 starters on Offense, them going 11-1 next year, does not seem to be likely.

That seems pretty significant to me in two ways.

Firstly if a lot of the guys he has been playing with the last two years there is more of an emotional attachment to enter the draft with them.

Secondly he obviously has a lot of seniors on his team, which means his offense has been at an advantage over most defences he has played against.

Not belittling him at all, just pointing out that he might not be the saviour we expect him to be right out the bat.

If Luck's simply waiting until the bowl game is over to announce his decision, he's already decided to declare. Saying that he's going to stay another year wouldn't be a distraction to his current team.

I think this is it.

I have seen him play several times. He throws a very accurate deep ball. He looks off defenders. He doesn't stare down receivers.

These factors alone make him better than Clausen.

Some solid points:

If he were staying, he would say so. THe academic excuse is in the event Buffalo won the pick (or a team he didn't desire) and he could stay in without offending anyone.

He wants to make sure, and he knows that he should focus on the bowl game. It is a big deal for Stanford and he owes 100% concentration to his team.

He also wants to meet with Harbaugh and find out what he is doing. The ONLY reason he would return is if the team picking first is not desirable AND Harbaugh was returning. Harbaugh has a contract on the table.

As for the theory that he is narcissistic, I am afraid that would be Brett Favre, but not Luck. He will wait until the 15th because it gives him the best view of the future. Breaking news about a standoff in the CBA, Harbaugh returns to Stanford, The Panthers hire Jerry Glanville, etc. could sway his decision

Ive seen Luck play many times. I wanted this kid on the Panthers from the first time I watched him. He has a very high football IQ and all the tools in the world to succeed. His background is good too. He might not ever be this guy Im about to mention but Peyton Manning is the first thing I think of everytime I see him play.

He would bolster this offense. The throws Clausen isnt making and the decisions Clausen isnt making is something Luck is very good at. He wont take us to the playoffs immediately, but would in 2-3 seasons. Hes a stud.

Want to know what Luck is really thinking? Listen. In interviews with Andrew and his father, who plays almost as big a role in his son's decisions as Newton's father/agent, both said that Luck went to Stanford to "play for coach Harbaugh." Not to "get a quality education," but to play for Jim. Now, if Jim is not there, and his WRs are gone along with his TE and a few linemen, why would he return? Slippage is certain to occur.

We need to spend the next 2.5 weeks watching for 3 things, but there is no guarantee any will occur:

1. News that Harbaugh is leaving Stanford or news that he is interviewing.

2. News that reveals who the Panthers are interviewing.

3. CBA News.

These are the only three factors that really matter.

1 person likes this

And go in with Moore/Clausen as the starter/number 2

how would you feel?

Would happen under John Fox. But I don't think the new coach coming in would be that stupid.

Neither Moore nor Clausen have demonstrated they can be a starting QB in this league, so no thanks.

I'd like to see us sit Luck initially and bring in a vet to start, then transition to backup when Luck is ready.