Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew Luck News & Updates

720 posts in this topic

Posted

step 5: ????????

step 6: Profit

you know what i am talking about...lol

Posted

Theres no question we will bring in a vet. But don't think you can keep getting buy without drafting a franchise QB and signing vets year after year. Ask Minnesota, and us.

Posted

I'm not an opponent of Luck, or a proponent, nor dor our opinions mattter anyway, but...

for the sake of argument here's what I would do;

1- Trade away first pick for as much as you can get

2- Trade/sign Sage Rosenfels to be our vet QB/stop gap starter

3- Draft Greg McElroy in the 3rd or 4th (with extra acquired picks) and let him ride the pine with pickles next year.

4- Use extra picks on Oline, Dline, and CB

Posted

seriously, get off the Alex Smith thing. nothing you can say will make him any better. Dude sucks.

You act like I'm in love with the kid. All I'm saying is he doesn't suck just because you're typing words on a message board. You've asked me if I've watched him. Have YOU? Or have you just gone along with the media and looked at stats here and there?

Just agree to disagree and move on.

I don't think Smith would be a good mentor personally, just because I think he will be looking for a fresh start. McNabb has disadvantages too but he is the most seasoned veteran.

He wasn't benched because Orton outplayed him btw.

Sexy Rexy, but I know what you're talking about. But it's not as if McNabb was lighting the world on fire in Washington anyway. You make a good point about Smith as well.

Either way, I think it's painfully obvious that there aren't too many viable options out there if Luck doesn't come out. It's either a reach or look at some other team's rejects.

Posted

I'm not an opponent of Luck, or a proponent, nor dor our opinions mattter anyway, but...

for the sake of argument here's what I would do;

1- Trade away first pick for as much as you can get

2- Trade/sign Sage Rosenfels to be our vet QB/stop gap starter

3- Draft Greg McElroy in the 3rd or 4th (with extra acquired picks) and let him ride the pine with pickles next year.

4- Use extra picks on Oline, Dline, and CB

I like stock piling picks. but if we trade for a QB, I hope we can do better than Sage, all I can think about when I hear his name is the helicopter fumble

Posted

Posted

Who says its about fixing the QB slot?

As has been said about pinning so much on Luck when he hasn't done jack in the NFL, "the bigger the risk the greater the reward".

If the talk of Luck pans out & he's P. Manning or better, they'll get a few weeks of "How could you not have seen this coming? Lol!" & then their rants will be forgotten in a flurry of great QB play.

If he's just good, (7-9, 9-7) & it takes a few seasons to get great, they can start with "Ooo looky! Teh sav-yar!:rolleyes: " but build into "hey we may have a star here!" If their current rants are brought up, they get to say "yeah but I'm looking at an NFL QB, not a sophomore who hasn't finished 2 seasons yet."

If he's a bust, years... YEARS of "I told you! I'm one of the only reals fanses here! I know football better than alls yas! Shoulda been the black guy!"

In short, bitchin is fun.

Posted

It feels good to be the team 'on the clock'

Posted

i would like to know who the coach is, and then look for a vet QB that understands the offense we are going to be using. but that is if we go for a vet qb. if we can get Luck fine thats good, but if we cant and we decide to go DT or something in the 1st, or trade down and grab a QB later, while adding picks. then it might make since to get a vet QB with experience in or new system..i think if we could get Jeff Garcia off the couch if we go west coast offense then that would be ideal, he would understand what needs to be done to succeed, and understand he wont be the number 1...i think that wouldnt be a bad idea.

Posted

sign Peyton manning

he obviously doesn't want to be a colt nex year and wants to go to the worst team in the nfl

Posted

Why can't we have our pie and eat it too? Draft Luck and trade up to get Newton. Then we run some badass double wildcat formation.

Posted

Oh yeah, the 49ers can eat poo. I still remember hating them back in the old NFC West days.