Nice

#482 janderson20vt

janderson20vt

Double Bubble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

Even Mick Mixon is sippin' on dat Luck koolaid.

#483 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

News Flash, Luck would have looked like poo this year under center for the panthers.

What evidence would you have to support that theory? Care to elaborate?

#484 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,722 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

We don't have the 33rd pick for a reason.

#485 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

This is true about calling his own plays. I mentioned this about a game I watched him play in the other "Luck poll" thread. The way he does that is what gets him that Manning comparison.

#486 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

Good insight. Thanks for the post. Sounds interesting, as I read things, or as the board discusses, I really do think Harbaugh and Luck will be a package deal this time, maybe not forever, but for the forseeable future, nothing like making a rookie comfortable than bringing his HC and the offense he runs to the next level.

Man I hope you're right. I keep seeing conflicting stories as to whether he's leaning towards coming out or staying. I just read this:

http://espn.go.com/b...luck-stay-or-go

Sports Illustrated's Peter King has a report that might make Stanford fans hopeful about Luck, and it includes on-the-record comments from Harbaugh on the matter. Writes King:

I said to Harbaugh Sunday that I'd heard the Luck family (his dad, Oliver Luck, is a former NFL quarterback) was concerned with the fact that drafted players, because of the prospect of a protracted work stoppage, might not even see their playbook or start practice 'til Labor Day -- or later. If that's the case, why wouldn't Luck stay for his fourth year at Stanford and play, whether Harbaugh (who is rumored to be a candidate for both pro and college head-coaching jobs after turning around the Cardinal) is there to coach him or not?

"I don't think that's the correct logic,'' Harbaugh told me from his home in northern California. "But I do think it's more likely he'd come back. If I had to bet one way or the other, I'd bet he's coming back. He loves college. He loves the college life. He's such a good kid -- and so smart. He's got a 3.5 GPA in Architectural Engineering, and all along his plan has been to go to college for four years, get his degree, then figure out what to do with his life. This is a kid who has a plan. And he's a kid who's not the big-man-on-campus type. He just fits in.''

As for Harbaugh, it's clear that more than a few folks believe the San Francisco 49ers are going to make a run at him.

But then I read the blurb that someone posted yesterday from Luck's dad that sounded like he would be more inclined to enter the draft. I really hope he comes out.

#487 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,724 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

it's all speculation.. best thing any of you can do is just relax and wait to see what happens..

#488 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

ditto on Adam Gold...if it's not baseball, he's taking the most assinine slant on a topic and running with it. And honestly, I believe he does it to create listener participation. Joe is actually pretty cool.

#489 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,878 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

Isn't Sage Rosenfels in the last year of his contract with the Giants? If we want our depth chart to go vet starter while wonderboy rides the pine-aforementioned high draft pick-whoever sticks in TC/preseason I think he'd fit the bill quite well. Plus he's Jewish so hello minority QB.

#490 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

it's all speculation.. best thing any of you can do is just relax and wait to see what happens..

That's the approach that I'm taking but man, am I anxious... I just wish for once that we had everything align for us and things went our way. Even in our most successful years the QB position was always a source of heated debate. Imagine everything goes our way and we get Luck and he panned out to be like Peyton. We'd be set for years and no one would have to argue about the most important position on the field, we'd just have to build around it.

I REALLY hope he comes out.

ditto on Adam Gold...if it's not baseball, he's taking the most assinine slant on a topic and running with it. And honestly, I believe he does it to create listener participation. Joe is actually pretty cool.

Yeah, honestly I listen more for the callers than those guys. The callers (for the most part, lol) seem more knowledgeable than the hosts and have more perspectives and interesting angles on the topics than Gold and Ovies.

#491 thennek

thennek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

As far as Luck, none of this matters if he does not come out early from college. I personally would like to see a real QB in Carolina and I don't know if Luck is 'the guy', but I'm also not convinced Carolina picks Luck even even if he is available. People who make a lot of money to be professional scouts will make this decision, and these same people are deciding if Clausen has any shot of being more than a 3rd stringer. I personally don't see Clausen's potential, but we do know that the Panthers will willing to trade into the 1st round to get this guy. What they saw, I don't see, but they know more than me.

The Panthers are a run first team....and they have a very good running game with Williams (resign him), Stewart, and Goodson and arguably have the potential to have the best in the league. They may be thinking all they need is another 'game manager' to be successful, and instead of spending their money on shoring up the o-line, and d-line especially if Luck does not come out.

If Luck is not available, or if the Panthers don't view any other player worth #1:
1). Trade away the first pick. Hopefully get a 2nd rounder back, along with multiple other lower picks. The Panthers want to build from the draft, so they need more picks.
2). Fix the o-line, and get 2 stud DT's
3). 1-2 new CB's (Marshall is probably leaving, and Gamble?)
4). Trade for Kolb & other no-name QB's (ie. Flynn). Resign Moore, and along with Clausen, Pike and whoever...let the best 3 end up on the 2011 roster.
5). #1 WR: Smith is on the downside. Not sure yet if Lafell or Gettis are #1's yet
6). Become a dominating defense (like in 2002, 2003), and run the football like in 2009. This was one of Fox's downfalls...he got away from what he was good at (defense, and running the ball).

#492 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

knowing our "luck" Luck will not come out. I firmly believe Bank of America Stadium is built on a Indian burial ground. Nothing every goes "perfect for us" in situations like these.

Please Lord let me be wrong

#493 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,395 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

News Flash, Luck would have looked like poo this year under center for the panthers.

no one is denying that (at least I wasn't). Im just trying to figure out what else is out there.

#494 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Logan, PA12:44 PM ET
If Luck decides to go back to school What do you think the Panthers will do with the #1 pick? If he declares do they take Him? Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Logan, if Stanford QB Andrew Luck declared, the Panthers have to take him. I think he'll be an outstanding NFL QB. If he does not come out, they should think of going defense. One player they might be interested in is another underclassman -- in this case one who is already talking about coming out: Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers. He's a great pass rusher, which everyone's looking for.
Gil Brandt, NFL.com
At this point, I think it's less than 50-50 that he comes out. Luck was redshirted his first year at Stanford, so he's really only been a started for two seasons. With his dad, Oliver, having experience as an NFL quarterback, I think he recognizes the importance of getting as much college experience as possible to be prepared for the NFL.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/1311

Gil Brandt is a very respected guy who knows his stuff, the call him the Godfather on sirius nfl radio

#495 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

6). Become a dominating defense (like in 2002, 2003), and run the football like in 2009. This was one of Fox's downfalls...he got away from what he was good at (defense, and running the ball).

He didn't really get away from that he just ignored QB and DT to the point that they crippled the team. The defense is actually pretty good and we can run well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.