Photo
- - - - -

Andrew Luck News & Updates

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
717 replies to this topic

#496 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,411 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

there's a lot of garbage on NFL radio though. i stopped listening quite a while ago.

#497 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Kerry Collins will be a FA. See we did have franchise QB before.

#498 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

I still think who ended up with the #1 pick was as important to him as anything though.

Why do people keep saying that? There is a 100% chance that a very bad team is picking #1 every single year. There is no way around it.

#499 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

Or Cam Newton. Drafting ONE player will not fill in the gaps that have opened on this team.

We will not succeed as a franchise unless two significant events occur:

1. The entire Front Office is replaced with strong competent people. (Meaning successful with other clubs/organizations/schools). Let's face it... Hurney got lucky with Peppers/Smith/Delhomme in 2003. Ever since then, we've slowly faded and not upgraded. The ability of our FO and GM to find talent and bring them to Charlotte is questionable at best, terrible at worst. (The DWill/JStew last year was also a stroke of luck too, but not enough to compensate for bad QB play that should have been taken care of after Tommy John).

2. A renewed/shown interest by JR to invest in Free Agency and his own team over the NFL as a whole. Many people bring up this past off-season as being cheap.... but don't forget, we didn't do crap in FA the year before either!!! This has been a brewing problem for us, and finally caught us in the ass.

If we don't grab at least ONE big name from the FA pool this year, JR is not rebuilding... just gap-filling.

We either rebuild correctly, or we flounder like Oakland... or *gulp* Detroit.

#500 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

I find it hard to imagine JR dishing out the cash for Luck. Something tells me we do something stupid, see AE trade as an example.

Dan Snyder might be willing to trade the #9 and #40 picks and throw in McNabb for Luck, just a thought.

#501 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

The more I read, the less I think Luck is coming out. A new rookie cap for the CBA, means hes not missing on the money. Loves the college life, and wants a degree before he leaves for the NFL, staying. Harbaugh saying hes staying. For some reason I think they both stay. JR better have the pocket book ready to the tune of 4-6 mil a year for Jim.

#502 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

I don't agree with any of that.

Discrediting Hurney be saying he is lucky is illogical. He's done very well in the 1st and 3rd rounds, horrible in the 2nd. And 2005 was a disaster. Otherwise he's pretty good.

I don't know how many teams have consistently hit on their 1st rounders like we have.

Otherwise he's drafted very well, you can call it luck if you want but that makes no sense at all. It's totally baseless. That's like an excuse you give when you lose a pool game.

Also we've had 2 10+ loss seasons in 10 years which isn't all that bad. We're not nearly close to floundering like Detroit or the Raiders.

Edited by SorthNarolina, 28 December 2010 - 02:56 PM.

#503 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

Or Cam Newton. Drafting ONE player will not fill in the gaps that have opened on this team.

We will not succeed as a franchise unless two significant events occur:

1. The entire Front Office is replaced with strong competent people. (Meaning successful with other clubs/organizations/schools). Let's face it... Hurney got lucky with Peppers/Smith/Delhomme in 2003. Ever since then, we've slowly faded and not upgraded. The ability of our FO and GM to find talent and bring them to Charlotte is questionable at best, terrible at worst. (The DWill/JStew last year was also a stroke of luck too, but not enough to compensate for bad QB play that should have been taken care of after Tommy John).

2. A renewed/shown interest by JR to invest in Free Agency and his own team over the NFL as a whole. Many people bring up this past off-season as being cheap.... but don't forget, we didn't do crap in FA the year before either!!! This has been a brewing problem for us, and finally caught us in the ass.

If we don't grab at least ONE big name from the FA pool this year, JR is not rebuilding... just gap-filling.

We either rebuild correctly, or we flounder like Oakland... or *gulp* Detroit.

Dude do you not understand the CBA is the only reason JR didn't spend this year. Every other year this franchise has been around Jerry has wrote the checks. One year does not change the fact that for 15 years he has been willing too do what he can too field a winning team.

He just paid JP 100 million last year and is paying jake 12 million now!!!

#504 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Also would be a gap filler and dont know if he has anything left but Matt Hasselbeck will be available.

#505 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

I don't agree with any of that.

Discrediting Hurney be saying he is lucky is illogical. He's done very well in the 1st and 3rd rounds, horrible in the 2nd. And 2005 was a disaster. Otherwise he's pretty good.

I don't know how many teams have consistently hit on their 1st rounders like we have.

Otherwise he's drafted very well, you can call it luck if you want but that makes no sense at all. It's totally baseless. That's like an excuse you give when you lose a pool game.

Also we've had 2 10+ loss seasons in 10 years which isn't all that bad. We're not nearly close to floundering like Detroit or the Raiders.

I like Hurney but he isnt the reason we are drafting better players. That goes to Don Gregory who we better retain.

#506 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

What big name? are you holding out for Peyton Manning?

#507 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

Please dont say Parcells.

#508 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

News Flash, Luck would have looked like poo this year under center for the panthers.

I think our record will still be bad but Luck might have a better TD/INT ratio then 2/8. JC has not read the field well and has missed alot of open wr. Not too mention the 4-5 balls that get knock down by Dlinemen a GAME!!! Plus his pocket presents has been horrible.

#509 Erik Stall

Erik Stall

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Also would be a gap filler and dont know if he has anything left but Matt Hasselbeck will be available.

I want nothing to do with a guy who can't run 5 yards untouched without straining his back so much that he has to sit out the rest of the game.

#510 Erik Stall

Erik Stall

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

You forgot event #3

3. Find a legit starting QB. If you don't want to draft someone, then he has to come from somewhere. Clausen is not the answer.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com