• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

Lets the debate begin again. The article mentions the Panthers.

The one thing I dont buy is the JR not willing to pay. He has shown to pay for players and even a coach when he felt it was right and good fit.

http://profootballta...-opportunities/

#2 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

The thing is Cowher will probably want complete control which means Hurney would be out. From what Gantt and everyone else has said Hurney is as safe as houses so I don't see it happening. I would love it though. Great coach.

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,458 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

posted this in the coaching thread...

#4 holycrikey

holycrikey

panthArs!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

Ohhhh poo. The Huddle is gonna go apeshit.

Also, here is the link via NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/n...le=HP_headlines

I'm not so sure he'd demand having total control over a team. I think he's seen that those that want total control usually end up forfeiting a lot because they can't handle it (i.e., Mike Holmgren).

I still don't think he'd want to go back into coaching a rebuilding long-term project team such as the Panthers.

#5 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

I think the George Seifert era has hurt the chances of Carolina hiring a big name coach just based of credentials for as long as Richardson owns the team. I'm not saying that's a bad thing since a lot of good coached now weren't big names when they were hired but I think whoever wants the job is gonna have to show that he wants it. Carolina doesn't need just a big name coach it needs the right coach. If the right coach is Cowher then so be it Cowher is our coach.

I just don't want people to just go crazy for him based on his credentials. We have been burnt that way before.

#6 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,951 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

Seifert was an illusion, and JR fell for it.

#7 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

Ohhhh poo. The Huddle is gonna go apeshit.

Also, here is the link via NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/n...le=HP_headlines

I'm not so sure he'd demand having total control over a team. I think he's seen that those that want total control usually end up forfeiting a lot because they can't handle it (i.e., Mike Holmgren).

I still don't think he'd want to go back into coaching a rebuilding long-term project team such as the Panthers.

I don't think the Panthers are a long term rebuild. New staff and a few key pieces with decent qb play and this team should bounce back to relevance fairly quickly.

#8 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

[/B]

I don't think the Panthers are a long term rebuild. New staff and a few key pieces with decent qb play and this team should bounce back to relevance fairly quickly.

Agreed. Were the 1-15 Dolphins a long-term rebuild? The horrible Falcons of yesteryear?

#9 DR_DIGH

DR_DIGH

Insta-poop!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

Good, now maybe the Luck threads will slow down for a while.

#10 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

"One thing I dislike more than Cowerd is losing and the embarasment of a sesaon like this." Ha ha, spoken like a player.

#11 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Yeah, Booooyyyyyy....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,788 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

Who?

#12 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

The thing is Cowher will probably want complete control which means Hurney would be out. From what Gantt and everyone else has said Hurney is as safe as houses so I don't see it happening. I would love it though. Great coach.

this is the best reason I have seen for me to get behind cowher..no more hurney.

I am officially on the bandwagon now...provided you are accurate in your theory sir.

#13 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

cowher = old man - we need a young guy with energy.

#14 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

He can coach but not here, I'm calling Dallas

#15 holycrikey

holycrikey

panthArs!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

[/B]

What I was saying is that I don't think Cowher would come back for another 10-15 year run at a team. I just can't see him being with a new team that long. However, I think the Panthers are at least two to three years away from another playoff push. They have a lot to correct and I don't think Cowher (at his age) is going to want to jump into that mess when there are plenty of other playoff-ready teams that will want a coach and will pay him top dollar.

I just see no way that Cowher and the Panthers would fit from a philosophical and financial standpoint. I think the only reason it seems to fit is his physical connection to the Carolina's. That's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.