Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Did Fox Move To Tampa Defenses

27 posts in this topic

Posted

You sir, are wrong. We zone blitzed a very good bit this year. Particularly in in the first half of the season.

Yea I just addressed that in the message above

Just funny how I named the N.Y game, a game in the 2nd half of the season. And how Fox made his "mark" around mid season towards the end

But I'm not talking about that really. I'm talking secondary

Posted

Naw not some. We ran both cover 2 and 3. Yes cover 3 more than 2. And we didnt blitz a lot, yall already know that. Rarely no linebacker blitzed when Pep(who mainly did it) dropped back. Check the N.Y game. Not gonna say never did, that would be wrong, cause we did. Not a lot

The NY game is a bad example because we didnt have our DTs and that limited us to what we could do. Really it tied both hands behind our back if you really want to know the truth.:( I watched most of the games over last year and when we dropped Peppers or Brayton back in a zone we were blitzing our LBs. Classic zone blitz right there and we did it all season long. Really we didnt run much cover 2 if you had a chance to look over the game because of Godfrey. We did start to do it more in the second half and thats why we saw more blown coverages. We blitzed alot last season but it was at the wrong times and sometimes it looked sloppy. That dose not mean we didnt do it though. :lol:

Posted

Simply amazing people forget how much tampa 2 we've played since John Fox was here. Even when Del Rio was our DC.