Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are our CBs Cover 2 players?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Marshall yes, Gamble yes, Lucas no. Tampa 2 doesn't require great speed, but it requires sound tackling

Posted

Marshall yes, Gamble yes, Lucas no. Tampa 2 doesn't require great speed, but it requires sound tackling

Lucas has shown he can be a sound tackler, at least in my opinion. It's his quickness where he's losing it..

Posted

Anyway, back to the original topic. Our CBs can be cover 2, they just need to learn the zone concepts better. I doubt we'll be Cover 2 or Tampa 2, it's already been announced by Hurney that we're to stick with 4-3 base defense.

Most of the Tampa 2 runs out of the 4-3 base.

Posted

Lucas is a better tackler then Gamble if you didnt know that. He is also slower. Marshall will do well in Tampa 2 because of his pass rushing ability and his size is not so much a factor.

Posted

Lucas is a better tackler then Gamble if you didnt know that. He is also slower. Marshall will do well in Tampa 2 because of his pass rushing ability and his size is not so much a factor.

Yar. If there's anyone I want blitzing out of this defensive backfield that's not named Chris Harris, it's Richard Marshall.

Posted

Not true. Lucas has shown that in the past he was an unreliable tackler and actually lost playing time to Marshall (who was a rookie at the time) due to the fact he was hardly aggressive and not a sound tackler at all. If Tampa 2 is truly our future then Marshall just got a promotion. Gamble has also shown, especially this past year, that he will lay a hit and wrap up.

Posted

Yar. If there's anyone I want blitzing out of this defensive backfield that's not named Chris Harris, it's Richard Marshall.

Im not gonna crown him Ronde Barber yet but they do have similarity and both blitz well.

Posted

Just for a challenge, see if you can name a Colts corner without googling.

(I thought of a former corner before I could remember a current one)

Posted

Just for a challenge, see if you can name a Colts corner without googling.

(I thought of a former corner before I could remember a current one)

man, i racked my brain and couldn't come up with anyone at corner, other positions but not corner. lol as of note I thought of Harper from last season. I don't think anyone but a colts fan will know that without google.

Posted

Now what to do with Lucas, he makes to much to be a nickel corner, though would be adequate at the spot. I wonder how this will impact Chris Harris. He should definitely have a better year.