Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resurgent Army looks to end Navy dominance

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

(By JOHN KEKIS, AP Sports Writer) Rich Ellerson is sponsoring a cadet from Slovenia at West Point, and Thanksgiving only validated what Army's second-year coach has long known.p/His family came to visit. It was only their second time in the country, Ellerson said. Only the dad speaks a little bit of English. They don't know football from third base. They'd never been to West Point before, and they drive through the Thayer Gate. By the time they get to our house, they don't know anything about football, but they know we better beat Navy.

More...

Posted · Report post

Go Army! Beat Navy! Wooot!

Posted · Report post

Go Army! Beat Navy! Wooot!

There it is!!!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not happening, boys!!

web_060913-N-6652A-006.jpg

I commissioned USS Bunker Hill in 1986. One of 2 Aegis missile cruisers I commissioned during my career.

Best of luck today, guys. Hope for a good game and no injuries.

Posted · Report post

Best rivalry in college sports today.

Posted · Report post

GO ARMY....SINK navy!!!!

Army Dustoff 1977-1989:patriot:

Posted · Report post

So how many of these guys go pro? Aren't they contractually obliged to serve their country when they graduate?

I can only think of Wahle as a guy that went to a military academy that's in the NFL.

Posted · Report post

Mike Wahle was actually the last guy drafted from Navy in 1998. Only 15 players have ever been drafted from Navy since 1947. Roger Staubach and Napolean McCallum, whom I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with when he was on active duty, are probably the best known of the bunch.

Posted · Report post

Caleb Campbell was briefly on the Lions roster, and Air Force's Chad Hall is on Philly's right now.

Posted · Report post

Army suck so much.

Posted · Report post

So how many of these guys go pro? Aren't they contractually obliged to serve their country when they graduate?

I can only think of Wahle as a guy that went to a military academy that's in the NFL.

They are obligated to serve. I remember that David Robinson had to do a couple of years before he could take his spot on the San Antonio Spurs.

Posted · Report post

685px-USNavyFlag-Official.svg.png

Good game, Army. Athough it was a fumblefest from the get-go, glad to see Army has a young QB who will be around for a couple more years. I have a feeling next year will be a very good game...

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments