Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

270 posts in this topic

Posted

Pretty excited.

Posted

I got Oblivion for Xmas and still haven't played yet because the brief game time I get now has been spent on New Vegas......... FML

Posted

put new vegas down and play oblivion. jesus!!

Posted

Skyrim is going to be awesome.

I'm tempted to reinstall Oblivion.

Posted

I got Oblivion for Xmas and still haven't played yet because the brief game time I get now has been spent on New Vegas......... FML

This is insulting.

However, when you play it there will be some aspects like relational depth between characters that seem to lack compared to select few games now days, as with other aspects as well. So you'd have to play it 'in it's time' to understand and appreciate how revolutionary it really was. Remember it was released with the Xbox 360. Even taking this into consideration, you need to stop playing NV and play Oblivion immediately! It is the very best RPG on a console at it's time and can be argued as the best today, almost 5 years after the fact, that is impressive.

Posted

morrowind was better

1 person likes this

Posted

This is insulting.

However, when you play it there will be some aspects like relational depth between characters that seem to lack compared to select few games now days, as with other aspects as well. So you'd have to play it 'in it's time' to understand and appreciate how revolutionary it really was. Remember it was released with the Xbox 360. Even taking this into consideration, you need to stop playing NV and play Oblivion immediately! It is the very best RPG on a console at it's time and can be argued as the best today, almost 5 years after the fact, that is impressive.

I agree Oblivion is a great game much better than Fallout, Mass Effect, and NotOR IMO.

Posted

I find it hard to believe that anything is better than Fallout 3... but I AM obsessed with post-apocalyptic stuff...

Posted

I'm obsessed with good fantasy role playing games so I see what u mean.

Posted

I liked morrowind better tho.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate RPGs because in order to get the satisfaction of feeling like I've beaten it or gotten my money's worth you have to play it like 200 hours.

Posted

morrowind was better

I agree 100%. They had to go more mainstream though to continue to have the advantage. While I loved Morrowind, it wasn't for everyone. It didn't hold your hand. There weren't way points or quest books. You want to know something you better fuging listen and paying attention to what the hell is going on lol. God forbid you forget what the fug your doing. I prefer it this way, it's more realistic for me, feels more real. But, it's not always better. They still release the best games hands down.

Yes, Fallout 3 I would consider very close. That game was great.

Personally, I want more assimilation added to the already massive game. More house/city owning, more in depth relationships etc while keeping the the great action content.