Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senate passes bill to delay digital TV switch

12 posts in this topic

Posted

after almost a year of saying February 17 is going to be the cutoff, President O feels that too many Americans won't be ready. So now it is going to be June 12.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28863961/

Posted

Not more of those friggin commercials!!!!

Posted

It still has to pass the House. I mean, how much time do you need? I knew about this 2 years ago.

Posted

If you haven't seen the commercial and know it's coming by now, are you really gonna be at a loss when it switches over?

Posted

So its Obama fault bc the 1.34 billion they had to give people new boxes was running dry....seems like its the fault of the one prior.

Posted

The NTIA had nearly 2.6 million coupon requests on a waiting list as of last Wednesday.

Fuck them. Sheesh, poor people. Their own fucking fault they don't have cable and can't afford to spend 80 bucks on a converter.

Posted

f*ck them. Sheesh, poor people. Their own f*cking fault they don't have cable and can't afford to spend 80 bucks on a converter.

Really though I didn't realize that many people still use bunny ears.

Posted

They just missed a chance of helping the economy by forcing 8 million people to buy new TV's. :)

Posted

I don't want the little old lady getting the converter. Go make me an afghan or some mac and cheese grandma.

Posted

I don't want the little old lady getting the converter. Go make me an afghan or some mac and cheese grandma.

priceless

Posted

Or a blueberry pie.

Posted

House shot it down. It remains February 17.

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. House defeated a bill Wednesday to postpone the upcoming transition from analog to digital television broadcasting by four months to June 12.The defeat is a setback for the Obama administration and Democrats on Capitol Hill, who fear too many Americans are not ready for the switchover.

http://www.wyff4.com/digital-tv/18583035/detail.html?treets=gs&tml=gs_natlbreak&ts=T&tmi=gs_natlbreak_1_12090101282009