Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peppermint9030

What will meeks bring to this squad?

37 posts in this topic

we're not going to run the tampa-2

There is no chance in hell we a running Tampa-2. That formation is weak against the run, so you need outstanding run stuffing DTs. The Colts can play Tampa-2 without run stuffers because they score a sh*tload of points and opposing teams MUST throw to keep up. We're not running Tampa-2 without Peyton Manning, or big changes at the DT postion.

There is no chance in hell we a running Tampa-2. That formation is weak against the run, so you need outstanding run stuffing DTs. The Colts can play Tampa-2 without run stuffers because they score a sh*tload of points and opposing teams MUST throw to keep up. We're not running Tampa-2 without Peyton Manning, or big changes at the DT postion.

The Tampa 2 doesn't have to be weak against the run. Tampa has been close to us in run defense for the past 4 or 5 years. Plus their passing defense has been better. Teams run against them because they struggle to pass against them not because it is easy. It is true that the middle linebacker plays deeper in coverage but it just means he has to be mobile and quick which Beason surely is.

If we keep some big guys on the Dline we can be good against the run and the pass. Might be an opportunity for a little guy Like Hillee Taylor to get some PT. He should be around 255 by the time the season starts next year.

I'll be happy to see the Tampa-2 when we get a LB faster than Diggs, and DT better than Lewis. Even then I don't like Tampa-2. I just don't like it lol. Yes it's better verses the deep pass.

well in the fox era..i cant think of one big free agent signing...

Keyshawn!

ken lucas, mike whale, nail diggs,

Yeah I was about to say Mike Whale, he was the top rate Free Agent O Line player that year

I guess everyone forgot about Stephen Davis. :( That was huge.

so we brought in meeks to call foxs plays?

yes.

catch up.

one thing that i keep hearing, though, is this word "teacher" used to describe meeks.

one of the complaints i kept hearing from the players and some coaches is that the problem was with the players making mistakes.

if meeks is a good teacher and trgo was incapable of teaching them how to work the defense then meeks might do some good.

we'll see.

yes.

catch up.

one thing that i keep hearing, though, is this word "teacher" used to describe meeks.

one of the complaints i kept hearing from the players and some coaches is that the problem was with the players making mistakes.

if meeks is a good teacher and trgo was incapable of teaching them how to work the defense then meeks might do some good.

we'll see.

That's on positional coaches a lot more than it is on the defensive coordinator. Oh well, at least they'll all be new faces too.