• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

That's on positional coaches a lot more than it is on the defensive coordinator. Oh well, at least they'll all be new faces too.

that was my thinking as well but they kept talking about him being a teacher. i don't know what they are trying to infer by that but it was a parallel that i drew that might have some merit.

i was just looking at darin gantt's blog and he said he talked to the colt's MLB gary brackett about meeks and what he said was interesting...

-- Just talked to Colts MLB Gary Brackett, who described new Panthers defensive coordinator Ron Meeks as "an extension of Tony Dungy."

Brackett talked about the calm way Meeks approached fixing the defense prior to the start of the 2006 playoffs. That was the year they were worst in the league against the run, but with a few injured starters back in time, they turned it around to win a championship.

"Much like coach Dungy, his whole philosophy is 'less is more,'" Brackett said. "Playing our scheme, making sure everyone was accountable, and everybody making plays when we had to. That's it.
"

i'm not crazy about the extension of tony dungy part but what was said about him making sure everyone was accountable and that they were making plays when they had to sure could fit what i was thinking. making sure that the pieces were there to make sure the players were getting it.

#32 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

Honestly, maybe we'll be seeing more from this defense this year with Peppers being gone, and a new defensive staff. Maybe the whole "addition by subtraction" approach that was used last year to describe most of the departures last year offensively.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

Honestly, maybe we'll be seeing more from this defense this year with Peppers being gone, and a new defensive staff. Maybe the whole "addition by subtraction" approach that was used last year to describe most of the departures last year offensively.

yeah, it might apply in a few situations.

we could see some improvements because of what we lost.

i hope so.

#34 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,354 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

yeah, it might apply in a few situations.

we could see some improvements because of what we lost.

i hope so.

I think so, It looked like fox relied on the dline to always make plays and without peppers on the line. I don't see him relaying on the dline as much this season which should make the defense at least a little better.

#35 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Meeks is a guy who stresses the fundamentals, and gets the most out of his players. Am looking forward to seeing our defense play more consistent tackling. Also looking forward to our secondary improving.

#36 Peppermint9030

Peppermint9030

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

Yeah I was about to say Mike Whale, he was the top rate Free Agent O Line player that year

Also sure it might not have been one big name, but fox did go out and completly revamp this offensive line, theres nothing stoping him from doing it to the dline as well.

#37 hmsmike

hmsmike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

BRING the 3-4!!!

or WAIT A MINUTE....THE TAMPA-2!!!!!

NEXT WEEK - PUNT RETURN FORMATION!!!!!

Again I say bring whatever it takes to win!!!! :D

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.