Photo
- - - - -

Like it or not, Clausen isnt the reason.

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Clausen is not the reason carolina is losing games, he may be one of them, but by far the sole reason. The defense has been shredded as of late. The last 3 games against Atlanta, Seattle, and Cleveland, all 3 teams had a running back score 3TD's. WTF.

#2 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Clausen is not the reason carolina is losing games, he may be one of them, but by far the sole reason. The defense has been shredded as of late. The last 3 games against Atlanta, Seattle, and Cleveland, all 3 teams had a running back score 3TD's. WTF.

That is because our biggest need is a stud DT...

#3 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

just tired of the clausen bashing, hes a rookie, its expected, but dam our defense is awful.

#4 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:46 AM

all facets are awful at this point...

It starts at the top and snowballs...

#5 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

What motivation does a defense have to stop the other team when the offense can't score points? You know it has to be on their minds.

#6 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

D is banged up at LB and the secondary. It is taking a toll. They have been on the field all season.

Clausen is the main reason we are losing. Same reason why the best rushing team in the NFL had a total of 69 yards and 0 points on Sunday....horrible QB will make everyone garbage.

#7 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

it doesn't matter if he is the reason or not...the problem now is the kid is damaged goods.

it's going to take a few seasons of him watching from the sidelines to recover from this mess.

#8 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

It's expected that Clausen will struggle, but I'd just like to see some damn potential -- just an iota of promise. I really haven't seen it.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,776 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

maybe hayden should apologize to the offense.

seriously...DT is a need, but we are better off addressing that in FA. this draft class isn't all that good for that.

QB is a huge need and clausen has done nothing to show that he is the answer or at least one worth passing up luck or even newton for. sucks for him that he was thrown into such a bad situation. doesn't suck for the panthers that there are at least two better options available to us in the draft next year. passing up on that would be a mistake.

#10 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,506 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

yeah i was hoping for the same thing, but oh well. we'll probably f up the first pick and sign a scrub FA and hire grimm..........i hope i'm wrong.

#11 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

Our biggest need is DT granted. But without a stud QB it doesnt matter. See Detroit.

#12 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Our biggest need is DT granted. But without a stud QB it doesnt matter. See Detroit.

but...but...stafford was their savior!

#13 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,972 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

Clausen isn't the only reason, but he's one of the main contributors...

In either case, his confidence may be damaged beyond repair after this season.

#14 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

We have no offensive leadership... The closest thing we have is Smitty, and he's more of a follower/rogue than a leader...

This is my biggest fault with Jimmy, but I can't really blame him too much...

Gross has been off all year, as has Kalil... Wharton is banged up and Otah is an afterthought... As for the rest of the line, I'm sure some people that post here could do a better job...

DWill is done (and likely as a Panther too), Stewart is starting to wake up, and Goodson has been consistent...

The TE's, while talented, have been MIA all year... The WRs are young and not really all that reliable...

All this equates to a total lack of motivation, only exponentially made worse by the play calling and play design...

Give the defense some DTs, a couple more LBs, and a legit cover corner opposite Gamble (whom I have a feeling may not even be here next year, meaning we'll need to replace him too) and they will be okay...

#15 Wesmesss

Wesmesss

Panthers/ECU/Bobcats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:01 AM

It's one thing to not exactly excel at qb but at least manage the game and give the team a chance to win. It's another thing when on every passing down you can almost bet the house on an incompletion or sack. I don't think I've ever seen someone roll to the right and throw it out of bounds more than when I watch Jimmy every week.

And what can a defense do when they're on the field the entire game? The offense continually puts them in horrible situations and bad field position to defend. Our team definitely has a lot of problems but the most glaring is at QB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.