Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2011 Carolina Panthers Free Agency Thread

190 posts in this topic

Posted

Although OG can be satisfied in the draft, I think it would be a good idea signing a proven commodity. Esp. from a team with great pass protection like the Saints or Patriots.

The WR options are really enticing and I would love to pick a quality receiver. But I think with more time to buy in the pocket with a revamped OL and maybe a great option at TE like a Marcedes Lewis would be enough for our stable of WRs to make an impact.

Maybe you should start a sticky like this in the draft forum for draft prospects too Saltman.

1 person likes this

Posted

Although OG can be satisfied in the draft, I think it would be a good idea signing a proven commodity. Esp. from a team with great pass protection like the Saints or Patriots.

The WR options are really enticing and I would love to pick a quality receiver. But I think with more time to buy in the pocket with a revamped OL and maybe a great option at TE like a Marcedes Lewis would be enough for our stable of WRs to make an impact.

Maybe you should start a sticky like this in the draft forum for draft prospects too Saltman.

I know more about the nfl landscape and can search it a lot easier on the internet. Im horrible at grading draft prospects tho. SLJ or rocknrolla would be better qualified for that.

Posted

I know more about the nfl landscape and can search it a lot easier on the internet. Im horrible at grading draft prospects tho. SLJ or rocknrolla would be better qualified for that.

If one of the two would be willing to start this thread I would be quite happy.

Please do it guys!

Posted

Well you can get the ball rolling and we'll take it from there :D.

Posted

we're young enough. we should bring in established free agents at immediate need positions and build around them through the draft. especially with the so-so draft class coming up

Posted

Well you can get the ball rolling and we'll take it from there :D.

done and since u couldnt make the thread go ahead and post what u want.

1 person likes this

Posted

im pretty sure i saw that Aubrayo Franklin got a big extension
1 year $7mil deal.

Posted

done and since u couldnt make the thread go ahead and post what u want.

Rep. Thanks Saltman

Posted

It would not be wise to sink a ton of money into Logan Mankins. He's a great player but he will demand more money than Wharton got a few years back and that would be entirely too much money put towards a position like offensive guard. And quite frankly, we don't need an elite player at right guard. We just need to get our starters healthy and to sign a few midlevel guys just like Keydrick Vincent who can simply hold up in pass protection, get a push in the run game, and look good between Kalil and Otah. Cheap options like Rex Hadnot and Mike Pollack would do the job.

Posted

kdrh5,

If you go back and read my post earlier you'll see I said something similar. I'm glad someone else is thinking like I am in regards to the G position.

Posted

It would not be wise to sink a ton of money into Logan Mankins. He's a great player but he will demand more money than Wharton got a few years back and that would be entirely too much money put towards a position like offensive guard. And quite frankly, we don't need an elite player at right guard. We just need to get our starters healthy and to sign a few midlevel guys just like Keydrick Vincent who can simply hold up in pass protection, get a push in the run game, and look good between Kalil and Otah. Cheap options like Rex Hadnot and Mike Pollack would do the job.

Kalil hasnt looked very good and Otah is a no show, it never hurts to have a proven vet on a team this young. If Gross, Kalil, and Wharton were playing like theyy were in past years I wouldnt worry but we know thats not the case

Posted

Kalil hasnt looked very good and Otah is a no show, it never hurts to have a proven vet on a team this young. If Gross, Kalil, and Wharton were playing like theyy were in past years I wouldnt worry but we know thats not the case

Those players are generally very good and are veterens themselves. Mankins will cost too much money that would be better off used on DT, WR, and TE.