• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 jeffreydavisjr

jeffreydavisjr

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Hey guys. I am a regular poster on the trubluefanclub.com forums, the official forums of the Dallas Cowboys. Well, we are really really excited about our new stadium and most of us had to purchase PSL's just like in BOA Stadium. Anyway someone mentioned that they heard on Mike and Mike this morning that Bank of America Stadium PSL owners that did not purchase playoff tickets are receiving letters that they will be losing their PSL's.

They went on to say they could keep their PSL by paying a one time fee...

Is this true?

If so, aren't you guys irate? I mean this just seems rediculous.

#2 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

It is required that you buy the playoff tickets it is part of the contract you sign. This year the Panthers had a pay as they win deal so we only had to buy the Divisional tickets. If somone is losing their tickets because they didnt pay that is their fault not the teams.

#3 jeffreydavisjr

jeffreydavisjr

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

That is an interesting point of view. Most of us (Cowboys PSL Owners) feel that the organization, in this case the Carolina Panthers, are just trying to one-up the PSL Owners. Plus during tough financial times it just doesn't seem right.

We also have a clause in our PSL agreement that states we are ultimately responsible for purchasing playoff tickets, or else...

#4 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

They did help the PSL owners tis year by haveing pay as they win. This saved me about $500. It might seem wrong but they did let you know in adavnce that you need to pay it or loss your PSL's.

#5 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

PSL owners have always known that the agreement is that they must purchase playoff tickets, as others have stated. Should be no screaming or hysteria, especially since, as others have pointed out, we had the option to pay-as-we-played this year.

#6 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

I see this ending well.

#7 jeffreydavisjr

jeffreydavisjr

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for your input guys.

I agree it is in the contract, and we agree'd to that stipulation upon becoming a PSL owner. However, I just don't think that it is fare for an organization to require an owner/season ticket holder to pay hundreds of dollars for playoff tickets and then when they fail to do so, the organization then takes that PSL "investment" paid for by the "Fan", flushes it down the toilet and resales that PSL to someone else...

I believe our (Dallas Cowboys PSL) contracts state that we are only responsible for purchasing the playoff tickets if the Cowboys can not sell the tickets individually.

#8 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,448 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

PSL owners have always known that the agreement is that they must purchase playoff tickets, as others have stated. Should be no screaming or hysteria, especially since, as others have pointed out, we had the option to pay-as-we-played this year.

Well said.

#9 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

We are a small market. This ensure that the Panthers can sell out. Granted it is the playoffs but it is a good safety net for the team.

#10 freebird4181

freebird4181

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

I'm a PSL owner and did pay for my tickets... BUT it is my understanding all tickets were sold... if the Panthers sold someone's seats how can they turn around and make them pay for them?

#11 jeffreydavisjr

jeffreydavisjr

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

I'm a PSL owner and did pay for my tickets... BUT it is my understanding all tickets were sold... if the Panthers sold someone's seats how can they turn around and make them pay for them?

Great point.

Sell out means sell out, right?

#12 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

Welcome to contract law. You do not adhere to the Terms and Conditions in the contract and you will lose.

What if someone said....i can't afford my season tickets this year, so I won't pay for them. Yet, I still want to keep my PSL.

Sorry.....jsut does not work that way.

Can't afford the tix....sell your PSL.

#13 Moonshine

Moonshine

Formerly bigcat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

Under the terms of your contract you lose the PSL with no compensation. I wonder how the market for PSLs is right now with the economy and all. The Panthers may not want a bunch of PSLs back in house right now so they may be a little less likely to enforce the agreement. Let us know how it turns out for you.

#14 freebird4181

freebird4181

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

I did buy all of mine, but what i'm saying is if under their contract they are mine and i must buy them how can they sell them to someone else? if i were one of these people who had to pay the cost of the tickets now i would want the ununsed(?) tickets as well. these seast shouldn't be sold 2 times.... this is what i'm saying.... the Panthers should either punish you by taking your PSLs or you pay the fine or sale your tickets, not both......

#15 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

I did buy all of mine, but what i'm saying is if under their contract they are mine and i must buy them how can they sell them to someone else? if i were one of these people who had to pay the cost of the tickets now i would want the ununsed(?) tickets as well. these seast shouldn't be sold 2 times.... this is what i'm saying.... the Panthers should either punish you by taking your PSLs or you pay the fine or sale your tickets, not both......

The original poster says they could keep their PSLs if they pay the fee/fine.

The seats aren't yours if you don't live up to your end of the bargain, though ... i.e., abide by the contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.