Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carl Spackler

Cameron Newton timeline...

43 posts in this topic

alot of people around luck say he wants to finish college. Yea he would be a fool to go back to school but Locker was that fool last year so it could happen. I dont see a dt worth the number pick this year..there's no suh or mccoy.

Locker was that fool, and look what happened.

Luck should take note. He can finish his education even if he enters the draft.

Also, I think Newton has the tools to be great, but the question is if he has the work ethic to get there. I hope he does, cause he could end up a Panther :)

He did drop back for passes, but yes, he did run an offense designed differently than that which Luck ran. He'd have a steeper learning curve, but as we've seen, being in a pro-style offense isn't a guarantee of success.

Locker was that fool, and look what happened.

Luck should take note. He can finish his education even if he enters the draft.

Also, I think Newton has the tools to be great, but the question is if he has the work ethic to get there. I hope he does, cause he could end up a Panther :)

He did drop back for passes, but yes, he did run an offense designed differently than that which Luck ran. He'd have a steeper learning curve, but as we've seen, being in a pro-style offense isn't a guarantee of success.

Agreed I'm not saying no to Cam as a QB for the Panthers at all. My biggest fear is he's gonna try and do things that he can get away with in college but not in the NFL. I think he's gonna have to learn quickly what it takes to be a great NFL QB.

Agreed I'm not saying no to Cam as a QB for the Panthers at all. My biggest fear is he's gonna try and do things that he can get away with in college but not in the NFL. I think he's gonna have to learn quickly what it takes to be a great NFL QB.

the same can be said of any qb. they all are going to try to do things they got away with in college clausen and even everyone's favorite Luck.

less than luck but thrown the same amount of touchdowns. Also add to that the 20 rushing touchdowns on the ground and the 1 he cought.

:smilielol5:

whats so funny?

whats so funny?

Him trying to compare passing ability by number of touchdowns, anyone who has watched newtons ball placement and the offense he plays in should know its nothing to brag about.

also his incredible lack of spelling and punctuation.

maybe the fact micnificent28 misspelled caught? dunno.

his numbers are insanely good... he has some special talent and he really showed he was head and shoulders above his competition, which was especially impressive considering where he was laying etc.

it's legit to bring up the fact he still got the ball in the endzone a shitton of times, and a good deal of those were with his arm. he was not in a pro style offense, this does not mean he never took snaps under center or made throws in the pocket.

:smilielol5:

yes because typos are very funny laugh out loud.....:biggrinjester:

yes because typos are very funny laugh out loud.....:biggrinjester:

Normally there not, except when there in every post.

I guess Andrew Luck fans aint as "smart" as he is. Must've skipped math class.

49 > 28

Luck is half the threat Cam is and nowhere near as exciting on the football field.