271 replies to this topic

#166 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

As far as I can tell it's all speculation. Nobody here has posted what Frank and Buck actually said, or what Frank and Bucks sources are. Nobody has said what Thomas Davis said. I can't find anything else on the net about it, so as far as I'm concerned we're blowing this WAY out of proportion.

I think Smitty if nothing else has respect for Richardson (might not have respect for his coaches, or his teammates or the fans but he respects JR) and I highly doubt that he would go into his office guns blazing and demand a trade in December. If anything he wanted to air his frustrations with the one person in the organization with the power to do something or either JR wanted to talk to him about his behavior.

#167 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

personally, if there was a meeting, I think it was just Smitty wants to know what his future is with this team since obviously they cant get him the dam ball.

#168 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,958 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

Beason doesn't have to try and catch passes from Clausen, other teams' linebackers do.

What's this, a Clausen joke from TRD? Yes! It is his 100,000th one of the month! :party: Such new, exciting material this month!

#169 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

89: WTF IS THIS poo JR
JR: ???

89:Posted Image

JR: ...>.>

#170 TouchMeNot97

TouchMeNot97

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

So I just listened to WFNZ's podcast from today. This is how the rumor started. One of Mac's sources contacted him and told him that Steve Smith was having a close door meeting with Jerry Richardson and that it could have something to do with Smitty being traded down the line.

When Thomas Davis joined Mac in the studio he was asked about the Smitty situation. TD said that he has talked to Steve and that he knows that Smitty is frustrated. TD said he wouldn't be suprised if Smith asked for a trade because of this frustration but he was not aware of anything. TD also said that trading Smith would send a bad example to the rest of the team because it would be an admittion by the front office that we are not trying to win.

In the end, TD said that he agreed 100% with what Steve said about Clausen needing to appologize to the offensive huddle first before the defense.

Looks like that it is all speculation right now and nothing more.

#171 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,016 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

So I just listened to WFNZ's podcast from today. This is how the rumor started. One of Mac's sources contacted him and told him that Steve Smith was having a close door meeting with Jerry Richardson and that it could have something to do with Smitty being traded down the line.

When Thomas Davis joined Mac in the studio he was asked about the Smitty situation. TD said that he has talked to Steve and that he knows that he is frustrated and that he wouldn't be suprised if Smith asked for a trade because of this frustration but he was not aware of anything. TD also said that trading Smith would send a bad example to the rest of the team because it would be an admition by the front office that we are not trying to win.

In the end, TD said that he agreed 100% with what Steve said about Clausen needing to appologize to the offensive huddle first before the defense.

Looks like that it is all speculation right now and nothing more.

ya I thought so. Thanx

#172 Harpua08

Harpua08

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

The man has been here longer than the coaching staff, he deserves to know what the FO is up to.

#173 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

there is a lot of shitting of the pants going on here for absolutely no reason. conclusions are being jumped to. we're assuming that smith asked to speak to JR, we're assuming that the meeting was smith wanting a trade, and we're assuming that the front office would actually trade him.

given his trade value in the current market, it makes far more sense to keep him and that is what will happen.

#174 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

What if Smitty went to JR to talk about putting Armanti in at QB? :eek6:

Maybe he will turn into our Tom Brady. hahahaha

#175 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,293 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

I think what Davis is saying is that Smith wants to be traded, regardless of any meeting that did or didn't take place with JR.

#176 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

there is a lot of shitting of the pants going on here for absolutely no reason. conclusions are being jumped to. we're assuming that smith asked to speak to JR, we're assuming that the meeting was smith wanting a trade, and we're assuming that the front office would actually trade him.

given his trade value in the current market, it makes far more sense to keep him and that is what will happen.

We would like to think so, but I'd like to introduce you to some friends of mine: Chris Harris, Jamar Williams.

#177 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

Smitty's probably worried he won't make the Pro Bowl this year!

#178 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

89: WTF IS THIS poo JR
JR: ???

89:Posted Image

JR: ...>.>

Posted Image

#179 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

is it spiked?

With the JR snuggie moment on Sunday, the likelihood is raised.

#180 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

Try several

I agree though. Smith is a diva

We have been in the playoff race almost every year except this one. He also has been targeted most of that time as well. He said he wanted to let the young kids step up but then when they do he is a diva.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com