Photo
- - - - -

Art Chansky Fired, Condemns Davis In Letter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#16 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

You're a sad, angry man.

So this is all you have left? No attempt to protect Davis or your Tar Heels. I guess it really has sunk in that the worst is coming...

Try to enjoy basketball Carolina fans because football is going to be bad next year. Or good...if you don't like Davis.

#17 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:58 AM

So this is all you have left? No attempt to protect Davis or your Tar Heels. I guess it really has sunk in that the worst is coming...

Try to enjoy basketball Carolina fans because football is going to be bad next year. Or good...if you don't like Davis.

What's to protect? Somebody sent an e-mail with an opinion, something that happens a million times a day. Butch Davis is going to be at Carolina for years to come, so you should just face reality.

Carolina football will be just fine, because we have Butch Davis. Really don't you have anybody else to hate? You know like satan, the grinch or a Pirate for God's sake. Have you ever said anything positive about UNC...hell no it's all hate. Most people post something positive about a rival or another team, not you. It's all hatred towards one team, Carolina.

Your threads and posts always contain; "See, this is the proof", "Butch knew about this" or "Bruce Carter isn't that good". I feel sorry for you and I hope santa brings you a "I support Butch" t-shirt for Christmas or at least an open mind.

#18 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

What's to protect? Somebody sent an e-mail with an opinion, something that happens a million times a day. Butch Davis is going to be at Carolina for years to come, so you should just face reality.

Carolina football will be just fine, because we have Butch Davis. Really don't you have anybody else to hate? You know like satan, the grinch or a Pirate for God's sake. Have you ever said anything positive about UNC...hell no it's all hate. Most people post something positive about a rival or another team, not you. It's all hatred towards one team, Carolina.

Your threads and posts always contain; "See, this is the proof", "Butch knew about this" or "Bruce Carter isn't that good". I feel sorry for you and I hope santa brings you a "I support Butch" t-shirt for Christmas or at least an open mind.

I say good things about their basketball program all the time. There is nothing good to say about the football program. Its made up of a bunch of liars, cheaters, and thugs that most of the boosters want out of there. The only way that Butch Davis is in Chapel Hill next year is if the investigation still hasn't been finished. Once the investigation is over and sanctions are put into place, Davis will be gone. If Pete Carroll can't survive at USC then what in the name of St. Nicholas makes you think that Butch Davis is going to survive something way worse at North Carolina? Its a second tier sport in Chapel Hill and always will be. The boosters aren't going to risk the entire athletic department because of one rogue coach.

Believe it or not the bloggers at IC and CarolinaBlue don't run Chapel Hill. Most of the money behind that program probably has no clue what Scout.com is. So take what those writers have to say with a grain of salt. Unless its about recruiting...they are sugar coating it for subscribers.

#19 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

He's a UNC Alum. Most on here have nothing in common with him. The UNC Alumni I know wish Butchie would resign. He is giving a horrible reputation to the university. Is it really all that surprising that the Walmart UNC fans aren't concerned about that.

#20 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

lol usually when a program is this dirty they've actually accomplished something, jeez only in North Carolina.

#21 umhello

umhello

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

posted by proudiddy: I find this hilarious. During a project last year, we had to find a speaker for an event our class was organizing, and this guy in my group suggested Art Chansky. I had no idea who this clown was, but everyone was talking about some book he wrote about Carolina basketball and he was a "it" person around UNC, so he'd be great to have as an MC.

I just kind of felt like, what makes that guy special? Who gives a f, I don't know who he is... And that exact reason they were blowing him up is why he got fired. Another example of a overhyped, over-encouraged homer gaining a little recognition and then acting on it. He's a nobody that got treated like a somebody and then got too big for his pants and offers his suggestions to the CHANCELLOR of what he should do. I can't stand people like this.

Thorp's email back to him should've been like, "BITCH!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?! DO YOU REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE? NO, WHO YOU REALLY ARE... YOU WRITE BOOKS. YOU WISH YOU WERE ATHLETIC. YOU ARE A GROUPIE. OH, AND YOU'RE FIRED. K THX BYE."

And they fired him right before our winter break, lolz... Must've not felt like dealing with that after the break.

then you hate at least 850 other people you don't even know - because that's how many people have sent emails to the chancellor about this.

some for - some against davis. chansky's was neither - he simply made a suggestion of some resources that could help if a new coach was needed. it was a good suggestion too.

your classmates also made a good suggestion about bringing chansky in as a speaker. Not because of his recent book or all the ones before it. But because he is an expert with tons of really good stories to tell.

Edited by umhello, 20 December 2010 - 09:02 PM.
to include quote

#22 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:19 AM

Well he has time to tell his stories, sending an email is a cowards approach to speak their mind.

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:35 AM

then you hate at least 850 other people you don't even know - because that's how many people have sent emails to the chancellor about this.

some for - some against davis. chansky's was neither - he simply made a suggestion of some resources that could help if a new coach was needed. it was a good suggestion too.

your classmates also made a good suggestion about bringing chansky in as a speaker. Not because of his recent book or all the ones before it. But because he is an expert with tons of really good stories to tell.

Great... My point was, I didn't care for him because he's another one of these "legends" that these unathletic wannabe's have a dubbed a "who's who" around UNC. IDGAF what's he's done... He essentially capitalizes off the success of others by writing books about things he wishes he could do. I don't care about his stories. I can't stand the arrogant, sweater vest wearing, out of touch yuppies that Chansky represents... I see them everyday on campus walking around just hoping to be a part of Carolina's Tradition, so they snoop around and try to find a way to capitalize off that tradition. When in reality most of them are nobodies. They're leeches and that culture disgusts me... They pimp out the program, the school, and "tradition," to try and put themselves in a position of power. So no, that doesn't apply to the 850 people that also sent emails... Just the fake one's with inflated egos like Chansky. He should've known his role.

I don't care what happens with Butch Davis. I think he's a good guy overall, but I really doubt he didn't know what was going on. But, honestly, I don't care. As a former athlete, though not on that level, and being friends with athletes who have been on that level, they should get paid. The NCAA is a joke. So, really whatever is going to happen is going to happen. Sorry to the yuppie crowd, but it's a new generation, guys are going to get paid when everyone knows THEY ARE GOING TO GET PAID. I don't wish Davis to be fired, nor do I necessarily support him, I just think Chansky got what he deserved because it wasn't his place to tell our CHANCELLOR what to do about his coaching situation. HE IS THE CHANCELLOR, he acquired that position for a reason, and it wasn't writing books and getting people to pump him up like Chansky did.

Let him tell that story.

Edited by Proudiddy, 21 December 2010 - 04:38 AM.

#24 CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Sweet Soul Sister

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

Proudiddy, you sound like a 20 year-old with no respect for people from older generations. Believe it or not, Mr. What Have You Done For Me Lately, Chansky has been an authoritative and knowledgable local sports expert for almost 40 years. Get a clue.

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

Proudiddy, you sound like a 20 year-old with no respect for people from older generations. Believe it or not, Mr. What Have You Done For Me Lately, Chansky has been an authoritative and knowledgable local sports expert for almost 40 years. Get a clue.

No offense intended CM, but I have plenty of respect for older generations, I'm just stating my opinion on him and why I don't feel sorry that he was fired. It wasn't his place to suggest anything to our chancellor. I also don't like the glorified fanboy-ism that he represents. I pull for the team based off the players and I attend the school because it's an elite public university that offers an outstanding education, but that doesn't mean I have to like Art Chansky. That's fine if he has been in the local scene for 40 years... Tom Suiter has been around the RDU sports scene forever, that doesn't make him an authority on it.

Honestly, you think Chanksy was in a position to make such a suggestion to the chancellor? I haven't looked through all the leaked emails and such that were on the news, but I haven't heard Woody Durham chiming in on what the chancellor should do... It's not his position. I respect Woody...

#26 CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Sweet Soul Sister

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:24 AM

For all you know, the Chancellor may have solicited his advice in the past, and that is why he felt free to offer it this time. And yes, being on the local sports scene for that long, whether it's Chansky, Durham or Suitor, means they know more about it than you or I. Doesn't matter if they actually played or not--though I will bet they probably did. They have made it their job to be knowledgable about it, and you should respect that.

#27 umhello

umhello

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Proudiddy went from saying

I had no idea who this clown (Chansky) was...

to calling him "a nobody", "an unathletic wannabe", " an arrogant, sweater vest wearing, out of touch yuppy", "a leech", "a pimp", a "glorified fan boy", "a fake" with "an inflated ego" and the list goes on.

But he didn't even know who "the clown" was?

Proudiddy also said "you think Chansky was in a position to make such a suggestion to the chancellor?”

If he didn’t know who Chansky was, he most definitely has no idea about the relationship between Chansky and the Chancellor.

It also sounds like he doesn’t know that the Chancellor invites the opinions of others. And that’s because, unlike many of us on this board, he knows that he doesn't know everything. He wants and needs input from others. And is willing to listen to it.

Proudiddy says, “I haven't looked through all the leaked emails and such that were on the news, but I haven't heard Woody Durham chiming in on what the chancellor should do... It's not his position. I respect Woody..."

I have read through a number of the emails that were given (not leaked) to the press. Hard to know who they are from because most of the names are hidden. One of them could very well be from Woody Durham. We just don't know.

What we do know is that they were from people willing to step up and speak their mind to the Chancellor in an effort to make a difference.

Weyco2000 said “sending an email is a cowards approach to speak their mind”

Seems to me we are the cowards - vigorously speaking our minds, sharing uninformed opinions, making rash judgments and being disrespectful to each other while hiding behind stupid screen names.

How brave we are! What a difference we will make in this world.

Edited by umhello, 11 January 2011 - 11:17 AM.

#28 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

Only Butch Davis could get away with about half his team suspended, and still be the coach.

He also is dumb for running the bowl with 15 seconds left with no timeouts.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com