Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecarolinaswagger

if steve smith wants to leave THEN LEAVE

73 posts in this topic

if he wants to leave trade him for a WR that at least can try to replace him. you dont just cut him and lose him for free because what if you let him go, dont get a free agent WR and you go into next year with LaFell and Gettis???? if that happened then Newton would be in trouble with passing the ball, you need to at least get a number one guy, there could be some good free agents on the market. there is talk of Holmes and Edwards leaving, perhaps one of them could be signed, but anyway, none of this can happen until the NFL gets it's rear in gear and gets this lockout over.

Smitty wants to be remembered as one of the great wideouts from this era. Tough to get in that conversation without a ring.

QB's are measured by Super Bowls, WR's not so much... Smitty already cemented his place as one of the best WR's of this era leading a underdog team to the Superbowl and winning a triple crown. Go rewatch our Superbowl run in the playoffs if you need a refresher, but it sounds more like you need to see it for the first time.

:lol::lol:

If he leaves he is abandoning the fans and team that made him what he is, an awesome ballplayer. We stood by and supported him during his shortcomings, retire a Panther Smity.

If he leaves he is abandoning the fans and team that made him what he is, an awesome ballplayer. We stood by and supported him during his shortcomings, retire a Panther Smity.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :jc:

...alls I can say is good luck where ever you go...

You can say what you want, but he's the most talented player in the history of the franchise and we're better off with him then without him.

Having said that, if he wants out then I think you let him out or run the risk of having a mess on your hands...

Holy Jilted Lover, Batman!

Dick1-Robin.jpg

....nothing like the Peppers love affair...:D

How can you say you dont care if SSmith leaves? What are we going to get a 4th round pick? Steve Smith wants to win and Steve Smith wants to get the ball in his hand......I thought that is the kind of guy you want to keep.

He has always shown his emotions....hell I bet the whole team feels the same way after last year.

He still has another year on his contract and dispite all the acolades that have been laid on Gettis and lefell they are at best number 3 wrs in the nfl

How would yall fell if Randy Moss was signed??

Just a thought