Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Htar

Obama's speech to the Arab world

58 posts in this topic

I'm not blaming anyone, why the hell has this become the conservative mantra lately? I just said that we are not just a bunch of innocents who stumbled into these events.

hmmm yes i wonder what someone who made money under the shah would have to say about the country. im sure it would have been very unbiased.

and no i don't have "AN IRANIAN FRIEND" but i do have a minor in middle eastern history and policy so i at least know the actual series of events which seems much more than you can claim.

hmmm yes i wonder what someone who made money under the shah would have to say about the country. im sure it would have been very unbiased.

and no i don't have "AN IRANIAN FRIEND" but i do have a minor in middle eastern history and policy so i at least know the actual series of events which seems much more than you can claim.

Apparently you aren't familiar with the actual hostage crisis. I lived through it and I know what it did to this country. The day Jimmy Carter was officially out of office was a lot like the day W was out last week. Lots of smiles across America.

You read a textbook.

A former coworker of mine was living there with his parents when he was 17, and had to leave before the crap hit the fan. There were a few very rich people who were in fact not really living the strict Muslim lifestyle, while the rest of the population lived in some fairly poor circumstances for the most part. Revolution was a matter of time. It's economics that drive religious revolution, and the man in the streets perception of where they stand in the world on that account is the root cause of all the problems we face. It's easy to say that Christians support Jews who want to drive us from our land, and it is easy to say that Muslims all support terrorists that "hate us and want to kill us all".

what he has accomplished in his first week with the Middle East and his dialogue is far greater than what the magnificent Bush accomplished in his 8 years of rein.

you cant be serious.

In all fairness, charlottenian was not counting tonnage of bombs dropped in his figures.

A former coworker of mine was living there with his parents when he was 17, and had to leave before the crap hit the fan. There were a few very rich people who were in fact not really living the strict Muslim lifestyle, while the rest of the population lived in some fairly poor circumstances for the most part. Revolution was a matter of time. It's economics that drive religious revolution, and the man in the streets perception of where they stand in the world on that account is the root cause of all the problems we face. It's easy to say that Christians support Jews who want to drive us from our land, and it is easy to say that Muslims all support terrorists that "hate us and want to kill us all".

I don't believe Muslims all support terrorists, but I do believe they are threatened by our culture. They want to keep their women subservient and their lifestyle extremely simple. That is the root cause of all our problems.

Sounds like the US 100-120 years ago.

Sounds like the US 100-120 years ago.

Sounds a lot like Native Americans to me.

Well technically they were in the US 100-120 years ago.

Well technically they were in the US 100-120 years ago.

touche

I don't believe Muslims all support terrorists, but I do believe they are threatened by our culture. They want to keep their women subservient and their lifestyle extremely simple. That is the root cause of all our problems.

lets not forget that the terrorist population in the middle east is the equivalent to the entire united states population.

obviously not all muslims are going to support terrorism. there are thousands of muslims in the middle east that are extremely grateful for our presence over there. however, the "terrorist population" point i made above is what should trouble every one of us.

we've made ridiculous amounts of positive progress in the middle east, and its absolutely absurd that the liberal media wont speak a lick about any of it. decades from now, if all pans out in the middle east, bush will go down as one of the greatest presidents in the history of the united states.