Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saint J

Democrats launch petition against Rush Limbaugh

95 posts in this topic

And how the hell are you supposed to be tolerant of someone who is intolerant?

Face it, compared to the other popular party, the Dems are just that. Yes, we don't have room for people that make it their lifes work to tear down what we feel is important. That's the way it goes.

Wow ... just wow ... listen to the arrogance.

Do you smell what he's cookin'? With gas, nonetheless?

Rush is irrelevant. Has been for awhile now.

Not a big listener myself (prefer sports radio) but I wouldn't go that far. His ratings tend to rise when democrats are in power.

Both Obama and the DNCC are making dumb moves by responding to him personally. If he truly is irrelevant, why bother? All you do is call attention to him and make yourself look thin skinned.

Obama is going to have to make some very tough decisions this year. He's going to screw up on a couple of them. Rush will be there to pounce. He's only going to get bigger and it's only going to get nastier from here.

But the beauty of it all? You can just turn your radio off. Poof, he's gone!

I agree...but I think my Dad would have a heart attack if he was unable to listen to him

Obama is going to have to make some very tough decisions this year. He's going to screw up on a couple of them. Rush will be there to pounce. He's only going to get bigger and it's only going to get nastier from here.

Valid, but there are many who don't see that as enough. These are the sort that came up with the Fairness Doctrine in the first place.

I have no problem with an effort like this on its own merit. Both sides have been known to do this, but if done improperly it has the backfire effect of strengthening the person you meant to weaken.

It's a legit worry that an effort to build Rush up as a "boogeyman" could be a path toward pushing a need for the Fairness Doctrine. If you hear people start talking about it as a "necessary evil" then you can figure that's where we're headed.

If the Fairness Doctrine is enacted maybe they can replace Jim Rome with Martha Stewart. Then I wouldn't even attempt to listen.

Ditto (pardon the reference) to Mr. Scot's comments ... if he's so irrelevant, why are Obama and the Democrats seething so much about him?

I can't hear it. Of course I just have the part of the internet that has you look at these messages on a screen.

I can't hear it. Of course I just have the part of the internet that has you look at these messages on a screen.

poor, poor you ....

I guess I need a government handout to get the sound part.