Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Discouraged Fan.

58 posts in this topic

Posted

No fair weather fans are left on the huddle, it has been cleansed out. Which we most certainly needed. They'll be back don't worry. We'll see people who haven't posted in years start posting with the Panther's #1 draft pick. That will bring a bunch along. I still wear my panther snow cap and ball cap.

Yep. Just like the Front office and coaching staff will be cleaned out in Jan-May of 2011, the fairweather fans are all but gone. By the time we are 2-14, they'll all have hit the road.

Go Panthers!

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been a fan since the start, and Im HOPING for 2-14. If the new coach does not draft a QB, at least I know we are getting what that coach wants as far as new players are concerned. I would love to have a few key additions from FA too. CB, OL, DL. I am fully trusting the new staff to do what is right to start winning in Carolina, and to be successful year after year. Not every other year.

Posted

winning a meaningless game doesn't change a damn thing.. ;)

1+1=

Posted

I was at the game yesterday and there are still a lot of loyal fans, even if they have been drowned out some by all the negativity.

I'm still very proud to be a Panthers fans. This year has been a disaster, but it has been 2 years in the making and we are only going to go up next year.

The Panthers were 1 of only 4 teams who hadn't had at least one 10 loss season since 2002 before this year. Now only NE and INDY are left.

Funny how they have the best 2 QB's in the game. The upside of this bad year is that hopefully we will have a shot at a guy who could do the same for us.

The Panthers do have major holes to fill, but they have a lot more talent than the 2001 team did.

This year was a perfect storm of injury, inexperience, and lack of commitment from ownership to fielding a good team.

Hopefully injuries will not be as prevalent next year, and the inexperience and lack of commitment from JR certainly won't be.

The Panthers are going to continue to play in one of the best divisions in football over the foreseeable future given the other QB's in the division.

However, this situation is certainly no worse than it seemed in 2002 or 2003 for that matter when we competed against the defending Super Champs (Tampa), Michael Vick (Atlanta), and a New Orleans team that had pretty good talent even with an inconsistent QB with Aaron Brooks.

I for one salute John Fox, wish him well, and look forward to the Panthers being a competitive team next year. Super Bowl Contenders? Maybe not, but we still have a good owner despite this one-yeat abberation, better talent than people would lead you to believe, and a better fan base than we are given credit for.

Go Panthers!!! And draft Andrew Luck!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Always wear my Panthers gear in good years and not so good years. I’m damn proud of it!

Posted

Wearing Panther gear when were losing is my favorite time to wear it. Ya alot strangers talk poo or whatever but its better conversation than talking about the weather or whatever. To me I feel more prideful when i wear it during losing seasons and stand out for it. When we are winning everybody dust's of their old sweatshirts and hats and pretend they were diehards the whole time.

Maybe i'm crazy but nows the best time to be proud to wear your gear.

Posted

I'm wearing panther gear up hear in michigan on our little family christmas adventure. my team is better than any other nfl team, so who gives a poo about somebody else's opinion.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm wearing panther gear up hear in michigan on our little family christmas adventure. my team is better than any other nfl team, so who gives a poo about somebody else's opinion.

f**king right..any team that can have a winning record with John Fox as coach over 9 seasons is a badass team

Posted

it's obvious we need more alpha fans.. now I see where all the complaints come from for standing up in the stadium..

too many fuging soccer moms and sensitive guys in the world today.. the times are a-changin, get that tampon out of your ass and enjoy yourself without being offended so much!

I mean, uh.. happy holidays!

1 person likes this

Posted

Not to mention our gear pwns the rest of the NFL.

There was a family of Tampa fans in the Big Boy we stopped at for lunch in Detroit yesterday. They were all wearing ugly ass Bucs gear. Two NFC south rivals dining side by side in a Detroit Big Boy. classic.

Posted

it's obvious we need more alpha fans.. now I see where all the complaints come from for standing up in the stadium..

too many f**king soccer moms and sensitive guys in the world today.. the times are a-changin, get that tampon out of your ass and enjoy yourself without being offended so much!

I mean, uh.. happy holidays!

got asked to sit down not 2 minutes into the game yesterday. we just moved a row down so we didnt have to listen to them bitch the entire game.

They were in cammo.

Posted

It's funny.. I get a ton of respect from folks down here in Tampa for wearing my gear. I got the "brave" thing Jangler was talking about too, and I just tell em all "I've been wearing it since 1993, when they announced the franchise, so why stop now?"

I'm proud of my team, no matter what our record is, due to how they act, we as fans act, JR, and the whole franchise.