Photo
- - - - -

this is just wrong

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:55 AM

I am not trying to sound like an alarmist, but there are some deeply concerning and unsettling rumors going around

from http://www.thetreeof...ead.php?t=45498

"My son, who is in 1st grade, came home yesterday saying that he didn't want to go back to school anymore. So I asked him why? He said that during the Pledge of Allegiance the teacher put up a large image of Obama next to the flag. I asked him if he was sure of this and I suggested to him that maybe the teacher just put up an 8x10 photo of the president. He said, "No, it is a large picture of Obama and when we are done Ms. **** turns off the image." I also asked if they did this for Bush last year? He again said, "No." This was my sons first day back to school since before Christmas, he was on a 5 week track break.

My wife volunteers a couple of days each week with helping out with my sons teacher doing various duties. She said that she would come in early this morning to see what was going on. She just got back and reported that this was true and then some. She said she waited out in the pod area and could see inside 3 of the 5 class rooms in this section of school. She said that when the kids stand each teacher flips on the classroom overhead and a full body image of Obama, with six U.S. flags behind him, comes up about 4 feet away from the flag that hangs on the wall. She said that the image has Obama staring straight at you with no facial expressions, just a serious look. I asked my wife if Obama had his hand over his heart? She said that she was so taken aback by this that she didn't see it. What is worse is she said that all of the kids in each class faced Obama instead of the flag that hangs in the corner."

"Also, she said they now turn off the lights in the room so the Obama image can be seen clearly. The picture of Obama is shot up on the screen which is about 5' x 6'.

I am thinking we will get video first and then schedule an appointment with the principal."

man, I don't know... if this is real, the parents better make this known to the world

True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made. -FDR

Edited by StepandFetch, 28 January 2009 - 05:01 AM.

#2 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:45 AM

I guess this should be in the tinderbox.

#3 bubbadawg

bubbadawg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

Unless we open up a forum for neo con alarmist bulls#$t. We could include all the threads about Obama being groomed from birth by muslim terrorists

#4 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

nice... I make a respectful post about a possible concern at a public school... from a Ron Paul forum website (as far as you can get from neo-con).. I give no credit to the source, as I have no idea how true the source is, regardless, it is still a concern to me... and... you slam me and slander my post for it. You are in the wrong, here... You think my thread is garbage,fine, then post your opinion with a little bit of class and respect!

#5 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

Each president has his own mini cult of personality that forms in the days after they take office. This is out of line but nothing that a call to the schools office wouldn't resolve. The need for someone to blog about it is a primary indicator that they are more interested in making hay than solving the problem.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

I remember the same stuff coming out after Bush was elected from the bible thumpers. I still don't get it.

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

Wait. Who here didn't swear a blood oath to follow the great and merciful Obama until Allah no longer gives him/her breath?

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

My sister had an African American teacher in first grade. Every day...every single day...they learned about Martin Luther King, Jr.

Obviously, there are worse people to have shoved down your throat than MLK, but it does make you wonder.

Teachers are very important people. They don't get paid like it, but they are more important than most other professions.

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

I had a teacher who tried to teach us the AIDS virus was spontaneously created by the friction created during anal sex.

I'm not making that up.

#10 bubbadawg

bubbadawg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

I once sat in a lecture where the instructor told us that the rise in homosexuality was created by hormones fed to cattle by ranchers

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

I once sat in a lecture where the instructor told us that the rise in homosexuality was created by hormones fed to cattle by ranchers

The ol' "Queers from Steers" theory.

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

Once had an English teacher in college who always managed to work something sexual into his lecture. He talked about Playgirl models and how they achieved "maximum tumescence in repose". One girl said to me "well at least we learned what tumescence and repose mean."

#13 djshinodalp

djshinodalp

Huddle Curry King

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:24 AM

What a sad, sad state of affairs. I don't mean in the classrooms btw.

#14 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Really have a hard time believing this.

Also, the fact that their kid was on a 5 week break makes me think this is a private school or something....

#15 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

I believe it. We have really bad doctors, athletes, lawyers, etc. Why is it so hard to believe we have bad teachers that would do something like this?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com