Photo
- - - - -

Big Night Tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Nice comeback, but man Wake missed a bunch of opportunities to ice this game. That said, Dook has a tough stretch of games coming up. Wake may be in the drivers seat as they don't have to play NC again.

We do have to go to Cameron though. We haven't won there since Tim Duncan played for us.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Shooting 33% from the floor and having a legit chance to win proves how good we are.

Not taking anything away from Wake though, great win. One hell of a game.

Wake only allows teams to shoot about 32% or so. Duke stayed close and almost came back because they shot free throws well, and Wake didn't.

#27 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

Take that duke!!!!!!

FU punk we didn't lose too you!!! My ? is how in the hell is that traveling? Teague was on the ground he fell because Teague was under his feet. Why is that not a foul? Or at least Duke ball going into overtime.

#28 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

FU punk we didn't lose too you!!! My ? is how in the hell is that traveling? Teague was on the ground he fell because Teague was under his feet. Why is that not a foul? Or at least Duke ball going into overtime.

hold up hold up that was uncalled for...i was rooting for wake forest in the game and i'm glad to see them win against the team i like the least. nothing wrong with that. take a chill pill and wait until february 11th

#29 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

Can someone please tell me how that is a travling call when a player on the other team is on the ground and their is no way you can land after grabbing a rebound? How was he suppose too stop himself from falling? What stop a player from tripping you if it's going too be a travling call on you.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

Can someone please tell me how that is a travling call when a player on the other team is on the ground and their is no way you can land after grabbing a rebound? How was he suppose too stop himself from falling? What stop a player from tripping you if it's going too be a travling call on you.

Its traveling because the ref's said it was. Thats all that matters.

#31 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

Shooting 33% from the floor and having a legit chance to win proves how good we are.

Not taking anything away from Wake though, great win. One hell of a game.

The game should not have been close. Wake had everything under control until the end of the game where they started playing like bums. Like virginia tech did the other night to wake forest, wake forest did for duke. They tried to hand the game away with lousy free throw shooting at the end of the game and not holding the ball like they should have. Good effort on duke's part at the end to capitalize on the bad play by wake at the end. Overall very good game to watch though!

#32 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

hold up hold up that was uncalled for...i was rooting for wake forest in the game and i'm glad to see them win against the team i like the least. nothing wrong with that. take a chill pill and wait until february 11th

Only Tarhole fans care when another team loses. You roaches take joy when we lose too another team even when you have lost too that team. Most Duke fans don't care if you lose too another team unless it's in the tourny and ends your season. A regular season game doesn't really give us joy.

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

Only Tarhole fans care when another team loses. You roaches take joy when we lose too another team even when you have lost too that team. Most Duke fans don't care if you lose too another team unless it's in the tourny and ends your season. A regular season game doesn't really give us joy.

Hogwash.

I have been watching ACC basketball for a long long time, and Duke and UNC fans love to see each other lose whether its in the NCAA or the YWCA. And Wake/NCSU fans love to see both of them lose. Thats the way it is, and the way it has been since Everett Case started coaching in the ACC.

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

Its traveling because the ref's said it was. Thats all that matters.

Just anwser the ? please if it happen too you would that be a bad call? What stops me from falling on the floor after a drive too the basket and trip you after you get the rebound and get a travling call and the ball back.

#35 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

Wow, I think the line on this game was Duke -1. This one was close.
I still think Duke is the best team in the nation.*

* I am a Wake grad and fan. This isn't homerism.

#36 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Just anwser the ? please if it happen too you would that be a bad call? What stops me from falling on the floor after a drive too the basket and trip you after you get the rebound and get a travling call and the ball back.

I answered it.

FWIW, I have seen falling players called for traveling a lot when the players feet got tangled up with other players. Its a judgement call, and I am happy with it. Whining about it will not matter a bit.