• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#31 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

Shooting 33% from the floor and having a legit chance to win proves how good we are.

Not taking anything away from Wake though, great win. One hell of a game.

The game should not have been close. Wake had everything under control until the end of the game where they started playing like bums. Like virginia tech did the other night to wake forest, wake forest did for duke. They tried to hand the game away with lousy free throw shooting at the end of the game and not holding the ball like they should have. Good effort on duke's part at the end to capitalize on the bad play by wake at the end. Overall very good game to watch though!

#32 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

hold up hold up that was uncalled for...i was rooting for wake forest in the game and i'm glad to see them win against the team i like the least. nothing wrong with that. take a chill pill and wait until february 11th

Only Tarhole fans care when another team loses. You roaches take joy when we lose too another team even when you have lost too that team. Most Duke fans don't care if you lose too another team unless it's in the tourny and ends your season. A regular season game doesn't really give us joy.

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

Only Tarhole fans care when another team loses. You roaches take joy when we lose too another team even when you have lost too that team. Most Duke fans don't care if you lose too another team unless it's in the tourny and ends your season. A regular season game doesn't really give us joy.

Hogwash.

I have been watching ACC basketball for a long long time, and Duke and UNC fans love to see each other lose whether its in the NCAA or the YWCA. And Wake/NCSU fans love to see both of them lose. Thats the way it is, and the way it has been since Everett Case started coaching in the ACC.

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

Its traveling because the ref's said it was. Thats all that matters.

Just anwser the ? please if it happen too you would that be a bad call? What stops me from falling on the floor after a drive too the basket and trip you after you get the rebound and get a travling call and the ball back.

#35 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,318 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

Wow, I think the line on this game was Duke -1. This one was close.
I still think Duke is the best team in the nation.*

* I am a Wake grad and fan. This isn't homerism.

#36 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Just anwser the ? please if it happen too you would that be a bad call? What stops me from falling on the floor after a drive too the basket and trip you after you get the rebound and get a travling call and the ball back.

I answered it.

FWIW, I have seen falling players called for traveling a lot when the players feet got tangled up with other players. Its a judgement call, and I am happy with it. Whining about it will not matter a bit.

#37 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

The Heels piss me off so bad...When they have a week off, they come back absolutely soft. Gotta blame that on Roy...But, I've been saying for a while now that this team lacks the killer instinct and overall athleticism to do great things. They might, but I'm not seeing it. I actually think this team will be better next year when the athleticism gets amped up. The freshman class is sick. They will be young, but talented and deep.

#38 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

Hogwash.

I have been watching ACC basketball for a long long time, and Duke and UNC fans love to see each other lose whether its in the NCAA or the YWCA. And Wake/NCSU fans love to see both of them lose. Thats the way it is, and the way it has been since Everett Case started coaching in the ACC.

rs

No not really we don't care until tourny time we are more focus on our team. Plus you seem too be real pumped up for a team that shows up every 4 years. You get a few good player become a factor for 4 years then you drop too the bottom.

Duncan years then you suck for a few years.

Paul years then you suck for a few years.

Now you are back on a up swing lets see how long this last.
:smash::smash:

#39 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

Wow, I think the line on this game was Duke -1. This one was close.
I still think Duke is the best team in the nation.*

* I am a Wake grad and fan. This isn't homerism.

I don't. And I don't think Wake is the best in the land either. Duke doesn't have enough inside presence to be the best (although they are very good), and Wake makes to many mistakes and needs another shooter. I still think (and god I hate to say this) that UNC is the best in the ACC right now. I haven't seen Ok/UCONN/Pittsburgh and some of the others enough, so I don't know about them.

#40 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

I answered it.

FWIW, I have seen falling players called for traveling a lot when the players feet got tangled up with other players. Its a judgement call, and I am happy with it. Whining about it will not matter a bit.

I'm Not whining I'm just saying it's a bad fuging call. Their was no way for Henderson to land on his feet it should have been a foul on Teague or at least we should have went too overtime. I have seen that play before and it is always called a foul on the guy who didn't get off the floor.

#41 hmsmike

hmsmike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

rs

No not really we don't care until tourny time we are more focus on our team. Plus you seem too be real pumped up for a team that shows up every 4 years. You get a few good player become a factor for 4 years then you drop too the bottom.

You know for someone that can't even get their avatar going in the right direction - you are kind of a jerk!

#42 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

rs

would you please stop posting... you sound more and more ignorant in each one of these posts. If you really believe that duke fans don't like to see the tar heels lose unless it's in march madness than you are absolutely not very bright.

#43 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

I'm Not whining I'm just saying it's a bad f*cking call. Their was no way for Henderson to land on his feet it should have been a foul on Teague or at least we should have went too overtime. I have seen that play before and it is always called a foul on the guy who didn't get off the floor.

while you're whining about that call, could there be a call when teague got mugged on the shot that led to the travel?

well actually, it wasn't a foul because the refs didn't call it.... and it was a travel well because the refs did call it

#44 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

rs

We, do you have a mouse in your pocket? You hardly speak for all duke fans. I know many Duke fans, and many of them make a point of rubbing it in whenever UNC loses. I seriously doubt you know much about the history of ACC basketball if you believe that. It may not seem that way because there are nowhere near as many Duke fans as there are UNC fans, but they act the same way the Heel fans do.

As far as me getting pumped, its number one vs number four, a close and exciting if not well played game. Whats the point of watching if one doesn't get pumped?

You certainly seem annoyed for someone whose team lost a meaningless game that you didn't care about.

#45 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

You know for someone that can't even get their avatar going in the right direction - you are kind of a jerk!

Because it's a fact??? What is wrong with my avtar I like it that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.