Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama defuses intractible situation by talking to people like an adult

49 posts in this topic

Posted

EEEEEEEAsy there fizzer.

Russia is a member of the UN, the OSCE, the Council of Europe, and (obviously) the Russia-NATO Council. And the G8.

It isn't outside the realm of possibility that a less hegemony inclined USA with a slick talker in the White House couldn't re-establish the long dreamed about talk of getting those damn Reds in the club.

Posted

Russia and NATO work together on some things like terrorism and battling the trafficking of narcotics, but why anything more evolved than a walking brain stem would ever think NATO would offer membership to Russia is mind numbing.

I just googled "Russia joining NATO" and 520,000 results came up. Opinion pieces by the Los Angeles Times and other reputable newspapers saying it's a good idea as recently as last year.

But what the heck...you minored in some political course. Who are you to be questioned?

Posted

What a coward! How the hell are you supposed to wina good ole fashioned arms race by putting down your weapon!!!!

you win the award for smartass of the century.

Posted

We are going to have a mine shaft gap!

Posted

Let Europe defend themselves. Time to get out of there.

Posted

NATO will be disbanded before Russia joins

Posted

How is putting these things in poland defending ourselves?

i think it has something to do with trying to shoot down a missile before it hits us and kills us. however i do understand we are a reactionary society and its proly best to just wait until after the fact so we can point fingers as to why were weren’t prepared.

Posted

Why would Russia fire a missile the long way- West over Europe as opposed to firing East over the Pacific?

Wait, I know why... Palin would see it coming and shoot it down with her shotgun

Posted

was the missile defense system designed just to defend against russia? well hell we should scrap in then because we know they have our best interest at heart.

Posted

was the missile defense system designed just to defend against russia? well hell we should scrap in then because we know they have our best interest at heart.

Probably against Russia and/or should a Middle Eastern country fire one at Europe... I don't think any of them have the capability of getting one to us

FWIW, I have no problem putting missile systems around the world as long as they stay secure and in OUR hands

Posted

How is putting these things in poland defending ourselves?

The weapons systems are designed to shoot down ballistic missiles. Its best to hit them when they are headed up, not when they are coming down.

Posted

All we really need is a radar-guided Jack Bauer system