Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN loses a good analyst

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Floyd Reese, longtime Titans GM and recent ESPN analyst, has been hired is a consultant' role with the Patriots.

Hate to see him go. He was one of the guys on their programs that always made sense and seemed to know what he was talking about (and given his experience, why not?)

Posted

He sucked

Posted

He was probably my favorite. He was never about show, just direct and straight to the point.

Posted

That, plus he had the credentials. He'd done the job and done it successfully.

ESPN tends to like having one former GM around. Wonder if they'll try for Rich McKay.

Posted

Jaws is the only one worth listening to at ESPN. The rest just regurgitate each other.

Posted

Nah, Reese was OK. He even made fun of himself for drafting Pac Man.

Posted

On ESPN, I listen to anything said by Jaworski or Tom Jackson. Merrill Hoge and Trey Wingo are good, not great. Chris Mortensen used to be king for inside info but these days Jay Glazer has him beat by a mile.

Reese was great for looking into the "behind the scenes" stuff. Their draft coverage won't be as good without his insight.

Posted

John "Cryptkeeper" Clayton FTW

Posted

Nah, Reese was OK. He even made fun of himself for drafting Pac Man.

Well, it's not like he could hide from it.

Posted

On ESPN, I listen to anything said by Jaworski or Tom Jackson. Merrill Hoge and Trey Wingo are good, not great. Chris Mortensen used to be king for inside info but these days Jay Glazer has him beat by a mile.

Reese was great for looking into the "behind the scenes" stuff. Their draft coverage won't be as good without his insight.

I really like hearing Tom Jackson, seems not to babble too much.