Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wallace has collapsed lung, broken rib

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm not crying. If your boys want to play that way then our boys can too. If you think that gaggle of sissies could handle guys like Mek then you're sadly mistaken. This team has more toughness in its left nut than the Lackers have overall.

Posted · Report post

I figured he was hurt pretty bad by the way he was on the floor. Idc if it was intentional or not, you don't hip check and elbow somebody in the air, Play basketball and go for the ball instead of being a bitch player and trying to hip check them while in the air.

Posted · Report post

watch a few games and you'll see it happens all the time...unfortunately this time someone got hurt and it was one of your boys...but it happens all the time. Easy lay up, I'll just grab the guy to avoid the easy 2 points.

Posted · Report post

You can't compare a wrap up to a lazy ass hip check with an elbow thrown in for good measure. That's like comparing a horse collar to a wrap up.

Posted · Report post

Im at a loss for words at those who think that wasn't a cheap shot.

i honestly don't know how you can think that.

Posted · Report post

Im at a loss for words at those who think that wasn't a cheap shot.

i honestly don't know how you can think that.

I agree it was a cheap shot, I am just saying it happens all the time...just not always with the same outcome

Posted · Report post

I agree it was a cheap shot, I am just saying it happens all the time...just not always with the same outcome

That's right, it was an unfortunate outcome however. Happens every game when a player stops someone driving to the hoop.

Anyway, the league agrees and there will be no suspension of Bynum as there shoudn't be. If you look at it without Homer glasses it's easy to see.

The NBA said today that Lakers center Andrew Bynum would not be suspended for the foul that put Charlotte forward Gerald Wallace in the hospital.

After reviewing the flagrant foul Penalty I called against Bynum on Tuesday, the foul was upgraded by the league to a Penalty II foul.

Under the rules, the NBA has a point system that states if a player gets six points for flagrant fouls, he will be suspended for one game. Bynum now has two points counted against him.

"We're happy with the NBA's ruling," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said this afternoon.

It means that Bynum will play when the Lakers start a six-game, 10-day road trip Friday night in Minnesota against the Timberwolves and their young center, Al Jefferson.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers30-2009jan30,0,2829367.story

Posted · Report post

Homer glasses are coming out on both sides in this one.

I knew the NBA wouldn't do anything.

Poorly ran league that it is.

Posted · Report post

If I were Andrew Bynum in that situation I probably would have done a similiar thing. He didn't want Crash to have an easy bucket and it didn't look like that bad of a hit except Wallace got hit just right to injure him. Andrew was probably tired and didn't feel he could contest the layup well enough so just through his body out there a bit. Wallace plays above the rim and thats an easy way to get injured often. Sucks but that's basketball.

Posted · Report post

I knew the NBA wouldn't do anything.

Poorly ran league that it is.

Of course not.

If it was the nba's golden child or sterns man crush it would be a different story.

Posted · Report post

Here's my idea of a premeditated flagrant deserving of a suspension.

[ame]

[/ame]

Posted · Report post

Bell should have gotten a suspension and Bynum should be suspended too.

Go to the local rec center and start throwing hip checks and elbows like that and see what happens.

These are supposed to be professionals, and both of those were as amateur as they come.

If Mek or Nazr had done that to Kobe or Lebron, he'd be sitting on the bench for a game.