Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JakeFlake

Wallace has collapsed lung, broken rib

37 posts in this topic

was this game on even in the Charlotte area? I checked every channel before hand and nothing showed Bobcats vs. Lakers....

Anyways....Big hit to are team. Honestly, Wallace has been more of a security blanket lately for us, but we need him. He is a must for a starter on any team...ouch, close your eyes and hope for the best.

League will review Andrew Bynum's flagrant foul

Gina Ferazzi / Los Angeles Times

Lakers center Andrew Bynum was called for a flagrant foul against Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace late in the fourth quarter Tuesday night at Staples Center.

The NBA is reviewing the flagrant foul that landed Charlotte forward Gerald Wallace in the hospital to determine if any disciplinary action should be taken.

The NBA is reviewing the flagrant foul called against Lakers center Andrew Bynum that landed Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace in the hospital to determine if any disciplinary action should be taken.

But league officials said Wednesday that it's common practice for the NBA to review flagrant fouls.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi29-2009jan29,0,4661059.story

By the way, Trevor Ariza has a bad concussion he suffered in this game after he was he was blindsided by a Juwan Howard screen.

This was a tough physical game. Not for the weak or the whiners.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi29-2009jan29,0,4661059.story

By the way, Trevor Ariza has a bad concussion he suffered in this game after he was he was blindsided by a Juwan Howard screen.

This was a tough physical game. Not for the weak or the whiners.

The difference between what happened to Ariza and what happened to Wallace is that one was intentional and the other was just basketball. You can come here and defend your boy all you want, but he was flat out in the wrong here and those fouls don't belong in basketball.

Comparing a flagrant foul to a screen? LMAO. Do you even watch hoops? You were the same cat that was in here last night saying, "oh come on get up", like Wallace was hamming it up on that play.

crying_baby.jpg

Message to the rest of the league then. Drive to the basket, go home in an ambulance. I'm fine with that. :rolleyes:

The LA Thugs. :co:

I'm not crying. If your boys want to play that way then our boys can too. If you think that gaggle of sissies could handle guys like Mek then you're sadly mistaken. This team has more toughness in its left nut than the Lackers have overall.

I figured he was hurt pretty bad by the way he was on the floor. Idc if it was intentional or not, you don't hip check and elbow somebody in the air, Play basketball and go for the ball instead of being a bitch player and trying to hip check them while in the air.

watch a few games and you'll see it happens all the time...unfortunately this time someone got hurt and it was one of your boys...but it happens all the time. Easy lay up, I'll just grab the guy to avoid the easy 2 points.

You can't compare a wrap up to a lazy ass hip check with an elbow thrown in for good measure. That's like comparing a horse collar to a wrap up.

Im at a loss for words at those who think that wasn't a cheap shot.

i honestly don't know how you can think that.

Im at a loss for words at those who think that wasn't a cheap shot.

i honestly don't know how you can think that.

I agree it was a cheap shot, I am just saying it happens all the time...just not always with the same outcome