#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,023 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Citing two sources close to the player, WSBTV 2 Georgia reports that Bulldogs WR A.J. Green will forgo his senior season and enter the 2011 NFL draft.

"There is a 100 percent chance he is gone," both sources told the sports channel, "and a possible (NFL) lockout has no bearing on his decision." Listed at 6-foot-4 and 205 pounds, Green averaged 96.4 yards and over a touchdown per game during Georgia's regular season after missing the first four weeks due to allegations that he sold a game-worn jersey on eBay. A silky smooth deep threat who's generated comparisons to Randy Moss, Green projects as a top-five pick in next April's draft.

Source: WSBTV 2 Suwanee

#2 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

I didn't know the players can't sell their jerseys. I guess because they are official NCAA property I guess.

Can they sell autographed pictures and stuff? Seems wrong not to let them.

Oh yeah it's nice that he's coming out but I only care about one player pretty much. If Luck doesn't come out hopefully we can trade down for somebody that wants Newton.

#3 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

yay if luck doesnt declare...

god forbid

#4 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

The more ...the better

#5 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

he tweeted he hasnt declared yet and he hasnt made a decision yet per sportscenter

#6 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

He's coming out, I'd bet anything.

Draft him or Peterson folks, lets get a great young WR corps going. Smith, LaFell, Gettis, and Green, teams cant stack the box anymore.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

He's coming out, I'd bet anything.

Draft him or Peterson folks, lets get a great young WR corps going. Smith, LaFell, Gettis, and Green, teams cant stack the box anymore.

they don't do any good if we don't have a QB that can get the ball to them.

QB is priority.

#8 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

QB is priority.

QB is no good if they dont have noone to catch

WR is priority.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

i guess AZ's solution is getting more WRs then?

the receivers we have are good enough to get the job done if we have a better QB.

#10 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

QB is priority.

this. plus Gettis after a year with Steve Smith probably helping him learn alot will make Gettis that much better if that makes any sense. David has the potential to be a #1 WR, but if we get Luck this year along with somehow trading into the 2nd round and getting Kyle Rudolph, I'd take Alshon Jeffery next year to give him a true #1 WR and that many more weapons for him. that would be great. our offense would be fixed. our pass D shouldnt be messed with alot, same with LB's. all we need on D is a big DT to stuff gaps

QB-Luck
RB-Stewart
WR1-Jeffery/Smith
WR2-Gettis
TE-Rudolph

#11 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

i guess AZ's solution is getting more WRs then?

the receivers we have are good enough to get the job done if we have a better QB.

No AZ should draft a QB and give him more then 1 year of development, like Clausen. Boy come draft day your going to get hammered if we dont take Luck.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

how am i going to get hammered? it isn't that big of a deal. if people try to rub ny nose in it i'll be laughing at the failed attempts you and others will do at trying to make me look bad. i won't/don't care. sorry if you take this stuff on a message boardmore seriously than i do.

i know you are content being one of 5 people on the planet that don't think that luck has amazing potential and would make a much bigger impact than clausen no matter how many years you give him to develop.

luck is just a superior player. if they were coming out the same year, luck would still easily be the better prospect. there is no reason that we should feel forced to stay with clausen when someone with that potential is available.

if clausen hadn't stunk it up so bad, then he might be worth holding out for another year and seeing if he develops, but he just simply hasn't been able to and i don't care whose fault it is. you don't pass up on a franchise QB if you don't have one in place. we don't.

#13 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

how am i going to get hammered? it isn't that big of a deal. if people try to rub ny nose in it i'll be laughing at the failed attempts you and others will do at trying to make me look bad. i won't/don't care. sorry if you take this stuff on a message boardmore seriously than i do.

i know you are content being one of 5 people on the planet that don't think that luck has amazing potential and would make a much bigger impact than clausen no matter how many years you give him to develop.

luck is just a superior player. if they were coming out the same year, luck would still easily be the better prospect. there is no reason that we should feel forced to stay with clausen when someone with that potential is available.

if clausen hadn't stunk it up so bad, then he might be worth holding out for another year and seeing if he develops, but he just simply hasn't been able to and i don't care whose fault it is. you don't pass up on a franchise QB if you don't have one in place. we don't.

Thats where people dont take you seriously. If you believe that Clausen and Luck came out last year, Luck would NOT be the better prospect. If he was soooo great then why did Harbaugh just have him and the ball off every time last year? Obviously because he wasn't as great as you think.

And tell me how many games potential has won. You wont hear any football coaches brag about potential or anything like that. So I can tell you're probably not around football outside the huddle.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

Thats where people dont take you seriously. If you believe that Clausen and Luck came out last year, Luck would NOT be the better prospect. If he was soooo great then why did Harbaugh just have him and the ball off every time last year? Obviously because he wasn't as great as you think.

And tell me how many games potential has won. You wont hear any football coaches brag about potential or anything like that. So I can tell you're probably not around football outside the huddle.

i think you'll find that most people here think you are pretty much a joke, but you shouldn't let that effect your self esteem, just like you shouldn't worry if someone doesn't continue a conversation with you somewhere in here. anyways, i don't care who does or doesn't take me seriously on some message board.

back on topic, if clausen and luck came out this year, luck would be the better prospect and you will find few who don't agree with that. of course clausen would have been considered a better prospect last year. luck had only one yuear under his belt and no they didn't hand off all the time, but the handed off quite a bit, just like they should for any QB that is new to a situation. give them limited opportunities to throw to help them grow. you can tell a lot about them by their limited number of passes. you can tell even more by the amount of passes they are entrusted to throw the following year. this year, clausen has looked like crap with his limited opportunities. sure, some can be blamed on the circumstances, but a lot of it has to be blamed on his inability to handle the pressures and competition that comes with the pro game.

at best all clausen has is potential and that has been disappearing as the season has gone on and weaknesses have taken over. when all you have is potential to go on, you take the guy with the most.

#15 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

i think you'll find that most people here think you are pretty much a joke, but you shouldn't let that effect your self esteem, just like you shouldn't worry if someone doesn't continue a conversation with you somewhere in here. anyways, i don't care who does or doesn't take me seriously on some message board.

back on topic, if clausen and luck came out this year, luck would be the better prospect and you will find few who don't agree with that. of course clausen would have been considered a better prospect last year. luck had only one yuear under his belt and no they didn't hand off all the time, but the handed off quite a bit, just like they should for any QB that is new to a situation. give them limited opportunities to throw to help them grow. you can tell a lot about them by their limited number of passes. you can tell even more by the amount of passes they are entrusted to throw the following year. this year, clausen has looked like crap with his limited opportunities. sure, some can be blamed on the circumstances, but a lot of it has to be blamed on his inability to handle the pressures and competition that comes with the pro game.

at best all clausen has is potential and that has been disappearing as the season has gone on and weaknesses have taken over. when all you have is potential to go on, you take the guy with the most.

Me a joke? Your the one that has "draft luck" tattooed on your head. I have given solid arguements to not drafting him, and you have refused to say any of them are valid. You are the town goon, every town has them. I love to hear the opposing sides, you on the other hand get your feelings hurt when we dont agree and make you listen to the truth.

You just admitted that Luck has pretty much had 1 year of throwing the ball a significant amount. In the words of Denny Green "If you wanna crown his ass, then you crown him!!!". Like I said, he led Stanford to ZERO, 0 points in the 2nd half against Oregon, who has a horrific defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com