39 replies to this topic

#31 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

I've posted before about how Clausen was projected a top 10 pick. How could you have missed that? It was all over ESPN how he was being projected to go to the Bills at pick 9.

Heres the question. Say we do take Luck and he has a Jimmy Clausen type rookie season. Should we take another QB the year after? If not, then you're having a double standard.

He was projected to go #9 by his number 1 Fan Kiper..... As I said there were a select few who had him projected high.... Some did not have his grade that high, but projected him higher based on team needs.

If...

We draft luck, He stinks it up and shows no promise, no flashes of it.... and we have the #1 pick again and there is a QB I would take a chance if we can...

Only because I know the key to having a great consistent successful team is to have a very good QB.

Now it may not be as possible to draft another QB because of the $$$ we have to pay Luck.... Jimmy is only getting 2nd round $$$ so there is not a lot of salary tied up in him....

Now if you go back months ago you would see I wanted Jimmy or Moore to be good franchise guys.... Why because I want AJ GREEN. If we could have a great QB, AJ Green, then D-Will.... OMG.... But Jimmy just haven't shown any flashes of anything... at all :mad:

#32 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

Now if you go back months ago you would see I wanted Jimmy or Moore to be good franchise guys.... Why because I want AJ GREEN. If we could have a great QB, AJ Green, then D-Will.... OMG.... But Jimmy just haven't shown any flashes of anything... at all :mad:

This is exactly how i feel.

#33 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:48 AM

QB is no good if they dont have noone to catch

WR is priority.

Dude what the HELL are you talking about? You really think that Welker makes Brady? You think that Wayne makes Manning? You think that White makes Ryan? If you really think that Steve Smith isn't good enough to make Jimmy Clausen look good then you haven't watched Smith lately. He is still a legitimate #1 threat and I am willing to bet ALOT that the when he goes to a new team (or plays with Andrew Luck) he will go back to having 1000+ yards, 8 TD seasons. QB is THE priority and its the ONLY priority in this draft. If Luck comes out he is the pick.

Jimmy Clausen is Alex Smith with less mobility which is scary bad.

Edited by unicar15, 26 December 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#34 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

He was projected to go #9 by his number 1 Fan Kiper..... As I said there were a select few who had him projected high.... Some did not have his grade that high, but projected him higher based on team needs.

If...

We draft luck, He stinks it up and shows no promise, no flashes of it.... and we have the #1 pick again and there is a QB I would take a chance if we can...

Only because I know the key to having a great consistent successful team is to have a very good QB.

Now it may not be as possible to draft another QB because of the $$$ we have to pay Luck.... Jimmy is only getting 2nd round $$$ so there is not a lot of salary tied up in him....

So you just want to keep drafting rookie QB's if they have a bad first season?

Dude what the HELL are you talking about? You really think that Welker makes Brady? You think that Wayne makes Manning? You think that White makes Ryan? If you really think that Steve Smith isn't good enough to make Jimmy Clausen look good then you haven't watched Smith lately. He is still a legitimate #1 threat and I am willing to bet ALOT that the when he goes to a new team (or plays with Andrew Luck) he will go back to having 1000+ yards, 8 TD seasons. QB is THE priority and its the ONLY priority in this draft. If Luck comes out he is the pick.

Jimmy Clausen is Alex Smith with less mobility which is scary bad.

This is like shooting fish in a barrell. Tell me who is Matt Ryans go to guy? How has Peyton Manning done this year with a depleted WR's corps, or better yet, how has he done without Dallas Clark. You obviously haven't done your homework. You think all those pick 6's aren't a result of lack of WR's?

#35 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

So you just want to keep drafting rookie QB's if they have a bad first season?

I don't really care about a bad first season.... It's just a bad first season showing no highlights or flashes of anything good... no progression.... no nothing....

Because you can;t win consistently in the NFL with out very very good QB play... and I want this team to be in a position to compete year in and year out... We have to deal with Ryan, Brees, and up and coming Freeman twice a year.

#36 cu_uno

cu_uno

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

I have the solution to Carolina and it seems so easy.......Pick up McNabb as a free agent and Hayensworth from Washington, both Washington is going to let go or don't want. Then draft AJ Green. This will give Jimmy Clausen the necessary time to develop into a quaterback and not throw him in. I think you have the think that when Stewart and Goodson are healthy would be a great double back system and let go of Williams.

#37 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,122 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

you can have 5 all pro wrs but if you have clausen throwing it to them it doesnt matter

#38 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:03 AM

you can have 5 all pro wrs but if you have clausen throwing it to them it doesnt matter

....especially if the O-Line doesn't block.

#39 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

....especially if the O-Line doesn't block.

Well someone with actual logic, kind of refreshing.

According to everyone else, Clausen is just that bad, and it's pretty much his own fault

#40 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,954 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

this. plus Gettis after a year with Steve Smith probably helping him learn alot will make Gettis that much better if that makes any sense. David has the potential to be a #1 WR, but if we get Luck this year along with somehow trading into the 2nd round and getting Kyle Rudolph, I'd take Alshon Jeffery next year to give him a true #1 WR and that many more weapons for him. that would be great. our offense would be fixed. our pass D shouldnt be messed with alot, same with LB's. all we need on D is a big DT to stuff gaps

QB-Luck
RB-Stewart
WR1-Jeffery/Smith
WR2-Gettis
TE-Rudolph

If Steve Smith helped out Gettis a lot, then next year expect Gettis to punch Munnerlyn, scream at Luck/Newton/Clausen/Locker for the ball, then drop it, get on the phone, bitch at the coaches, and then say "He ain't at Stanford/Auburn/Notre Dame/Washington anymore, that's for sure."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com