It was a ginger!?!?!

#18 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:55 AM

Hmmm. I was almost convinced it was Thomas Jefferson.

#19 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:52 AM

What someone can't correct you, let's all be uber-intellectual atheists and use really fancy words to sound smarter than we really are, we'll also use phrases like "probable", "maybe", "evidence suggests", it's a merry go round of verbage which in the end means we really don't know but you can't be a scientist and an idiot.

Or run-on sentences. Whichever you prefer.

#20 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

Yeah, you're right. How dumb of me. That's much more rational.

And you're trying to tell me that "all animals" descended from that thing in the picture? Let me guess. That really is much more rational, huh?

#21 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

Umm, yeah. It is.

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:55 AM

Umm, yeah. It is.

You're full of Jesus Horsepoop

#23 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

Umm, yeah. It is.

Umm, okay. :rolleye:

#24 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

"Come on, son! Hope on the Stupidosaurus!"

Posted Image

#25 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

Umm, okay. :rolleye:

Do you really think a cosmic cop fashioned all the animals in his workshop, with special detail placed on us?

Then plucked a bit of rib meat out of a dude to make a chick, who then turned around and made a naughty, which caused us to be cursed with original sin, have painful childbirth, and fear snakes?
Then, Adam lived like 930 years, had a ton of sons and daughters, and got busy with the daughters to populate the earth.

Now it is time for MY eyeroll counselor! :rolleyes:

And all this happened like 7,000 years ago?

Okay, cool. Totally fine with me. I wish you all well.

BUT DO NOT MAKE FUN OF THOSE OF US SEEKING A SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION IF THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO!!!!!!1111eleventyonecreationismisfun

#26 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

People make me cry.

#27 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

Shut up, pvssy.

#28 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

It just makes me mad when a thumper rips a non-believer for getting his Bible stories mixed up.

So what?

The fact that the article states that the researchers are not definitevly referring to this find as THE 'adam' animal is a GOOD thing.

That is what GOOD science does, it leaves things open for interpretation, further study, and scrutiny.

Unlike the OTHER option, which pretty much says you'll never understand it, so stop trying. Take it on faith.

I can't stand the ridicule from those that won't even entertain the possibility that they could be wrong.

Heck, evolution could be wrong. Or not the ONLY way.
Any good scientist will admit this.
Stephen Jay Gould, a man I greatly admire, has said as much.
The difference is, at least the real scientist offers up the possibility, and will shake the hand of the person that proves creation and will change his/her mind the minute that happens.

If conclusive proof of evolution (I believe it to be there for you, others do not) is presented to the believer, they will still reject it.

Just not my style.

#29 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

"Come on, son! Hope on the Stupidosaurus!"

Posted Image

Do you really think a cosmic cop fashioned all the animals in his workshop, with special detail placed on us?

Then plucked a bit of rib meat out of a dude to make a chick, who then turned around and made a naughty, which caused us to be cursed with original sin, have painful childbirth, and fear snakes?
Then, Adam lived like 930 years, had a ton of sons and daughters, and got busy with the daughters to populate the earth.

Now it is time for MY eyeroll counselor! :rolleyes:

And all this happened like 7,000 years ago?

Okay, cool. Totally fine with me. I wish you all well.

BUT DO NOT MAKE FUN OF THOSE OF US SEEKING A SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION IF THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO!!!!!!1111eleventyonecreationismisfun

You both know what's sad? You are both under the impression that everyone that believes in creationism is an irrational idiot that takes everything at face value without having researched the issue. For me, that is not the case at all.

I have researched into the issues of evolution, creationism and more, and I have come to my own personal conclusion that science has not, and most likely won't, explain it all. Of course, none of us will know the answer until we die, but until then, I will have faith in my beliefs.

I know about experiments that have attempted to recreate the beginnings of the Earth. I know about their results, which are now questioned by many scientists based on the experimental atmospheric conditions. I also realize that there are many, many huge holes left to fill in. If science fills them, I will eat my crow. As the situation is currently, non-believers are placing their faith in the hope that science does fill them. I don't see that as being any different than the faith I have.

As for making fun, I believe if you re-read the thread, you will see that I was not the first to throw out the sarcastic "that's much more rational." So, Epi, please tell me again how I, the Christian, in the thread started making fun of people first.

#30 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

It just makes me mad when a thumper rips a non-believer for getting his Bible stories mixed up.

So what?

The fact that the article states that the researchers are not definitevly referring to this find as THE 'adam' animal is a GOOD thing.

That is what GOOD science does, it leaves things open for interpretation, further study, and scrutiny.

Unlike the OTHER option, which pretty much says you'll never understand it, so stop trying. Take it on faith.

I can't stand the ridicule from those that won't even entertain the possibility that they could be wrong.

Heck, evolution could be wrong. Or not the ONLY way.
Any good scientist will admit this.
Stephen Jay Gould, a man I greatly admire, has said as much.
The difference is, at least the real scientist offers up the possibility, and will shake the hand of the person that proves creation and will change his/her mind the minute that happens.

If conclusive proof of evolution (I believe it to be there for you, others do not) is presented to the believer, they will still reject it.

Just not my style.

You and I see the same picture, how it was drawn, etc. but just see the last bit a bit differently. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.