Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would Luck NOT come out?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting drafted by the Panthers could be the #1 reason. (As much as I hate to admit) Lot of questions about the coaching staff, the OL is bad and will he get along with Smitty?

I do not believe that the Panthers are the reason he won't come out. If that was the case I think he would demand a trade. Plus, we're honestly one of the better teams of the last few years to be drafting #1.

We have great backs, a decent OL (would be better IMO if it was healthy), a star receiver and two young guns who have both shown they can make plays.

A new coach is not all that rare if you're coming out as #1.

I think that there are a few things that are issues with Luck coming out:

1) Wanting to finish his degree.

2) Concern over the lockout, which falls into two categories:

-Not wanting to miss a year of football

-Not wanting to be forced into a starting role on a team when he only gets the playbook close to the season due to a short offseason because of the lockout.

3) Loyalty to Harbaugh and wanting to continue being coached by him at Stanford.

Posted

Top picks go to bad teams. Nothing will change that next year. The good thing is...the Panthers are not a bad team.

Posted

Chances are if he comes out next year or the year after, a team that has been worse year in and year out than Carolina would be on the clock. He looks at our roster and sees youth with talent at many key positions. Carolina has nowhere to go but up with the right off-season moves.

yeah, but Detriot fans told themselves that for years. I agree with you....but I know not everyone sees Carolina with tons of talent and youth ready to explode. They see a team w/ some RBs and a middle LB. The rest is a big question mark.....

I mean Carolina could just as easily settle into years of sucking instead of just having 1 down year and then jumping back into the mix. We don't view that....others could.

Posted

Because he hasnt talked to Jake Locker

Posted

Because he does not like the Huddle stalkers.

Posted

Top picks go to bad teams. Nothing will change that next year. The good thing is...the Panthers are not a bad team.

people don't seem to understand this. Charlotte is one of the better cities with an NFL team.

Posted

education and the college life.

Many former players have said they preferred playing on Sat to Sunday..maybe he wants to stick around another year..

I hope not.

Posted

Because we are taking DeAndre Pressley, QB, THE Appalachian State University, with the first pick in the draft. Hurney is trying to trade up to assure we get him in the event of NFL expansion.

1 person likes this

Posted

Luck's coming out. One thing none of the sportswriters who are creating their own stories haven't pointed out is the offense Luck would be playing with next year. Stanford is losing 6 senior starters on offense. Both his starting WR's are gone, and 3 of his O-linemen are leaving as well (including his center and his blind side tackle).

As a comparison, when Locker decided to come back last year, he was returning with almost his entire offense, and ALL of his skill players.

His stock will never be higher. I doubt he wants to take his chances with a supporting cast who hasn't spent much time on a college football field, and every snap he takes under a microscope. He's saying all the right things now, stressing how important education is, not being a distraction to his team. Once the bowl game is over, it won't take long.

3 people like this

Posted

He finds the huddle and realizes that Charlotte is full of dudes that want to gargle his giz...

Posted

He is also probably wondering what the true chances of a lockout are. if people in the know are telling him it is likely then it's a no-brainer for him to stay in school.

Posted

Luck's coming out. One thing none of the sportswriters who are creating their own stories haven't pointed out is the offense Luck would be playing with next year. Stanford is losing 6 senior starters on offense. Both his starting WR's are gone, and 3 of his O-linemen are leaving as well (including his center and his blind side tackle).

As a comparison, when Locker decided to come back last year, he was returning with almost his entire offense, and ALL of his skill players.

His stock will never be higher. I doubt he wants to take his chances with a supporting cast who hasn't spent much time on a college football field, and every snap he takes under a microscope. He's saying all the right things now, stressing how important education is, not being a distraction to his team. Once the bowl game is over, it won't take long.

That factored with the Jake Locker example right in front of him, means if he doesn't come out we don't want him anyway because it will mean he's an absolute idiot.