Because he hasnt talked to Jake Locker

#17 Jbro

Jbro

BBW GFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

Because he does not like the Huddle stalkers.

#18 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

Top picks go to bad teams. Nothing will change that next year. The good thing is...the Panthers are not a bad team.

people don't seem to understand this. Charlotte is one of the better cities with an NFL team.

#19 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

education and the college life.

Many former players have said they preferred playing on Sat to Sunday..maybe he wants to stick around another year..

I hope not.

#20 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Because we are taking DeAndre Pressley, QB, THE Appalachian State University, with the first pick in the draft. Hurney is trying to trade up to assure we get him in the event of NFL expansion.

#21 Train

Train

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Luck's coming out. One thing none of the sportswriters who are creating their own stories haven't pointed out is the offense Luck would be playing with next year. Stanford is losing 6 senior starters on offense. Both his starting WR's are gone, and 3 of his O-linemen are leaving as well (including his center and his blind side tackle).

As a comparison, when Locker decided to come back last year, he was returning with almost his entire offense, and ALL of his skill players.

His stock will never be higher. I doubt he wants to take his chances with a supporting cast who hasn't spent much time on a college football field, and every snap he takes under a microscope. He's saying all the right things now, stressing how important education is, not being a distraction to his team. Once the bowl game is over, it won't take long.

#22 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

He finds the huddle and realizes that Charlotte is full of dudes that want to gargle his giz...

#23 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,028 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

He is also probably wondering what the true chances of a lockout are. if people in the know are telling him it is likely then it's a no-brainer for him to stay in school.

#24 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

Luck's coming out. One thing none of the sportswriters who are creating their own stories haven't pointed out is the offense Luck would be playing with next year. Stanford is losing 6 senior starters on offense. Both his starting WR's are gone, and 3 of his O-linemen are leaving as well (including his center and his blind side tackle).

As a comparison, when Locker decided to come back last year, he was returning with almost his entire offense, and ALL of his skill players.

His stock will never be higher. I doubt he wants to take his chances with a supporting cast who hasn't spent much time on a college football field, and every snap he takes under a microscope. He's saying all the right things now, stressing how important education is, not being a distraction to his team. Once the bowl game is over, it won't take long.

That factored with the Jake Locker example right in front of him, means if he doesn't come out we don't want him anyway because it will mean he's an absolute idiot.

#25 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

That factored with the Jake Locker example right in front of him, means if he doesn't come out we don't want him anyway because it will mean he's an absolute idiot.

Don't forget the fact that Harbaugh is probably leaving as well.

#26 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

The risk of injury is the reason he will declare.

#27 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:01 PM

Top picks go to bad teams. Nothing will change that next year. The good thing is...the Panthers are not a bad team.

Or New England, watch them flip that Armanti pick into a high 1st in '12.

Also there have been a few potential #1 pick QBs that stayed in recent history. Leinart came back to chase the 3 peat (more likely another year of college life), Bradford did for unfinished business (winning a BCS title), as well as Locker.

Edited by Boltergeist, 27 December 2010 - 08:05 PM.

#28 vumpler

vumpler

Camolina Panthers Crew

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Train, you're the man. I fully support this entire post and fuging hope you're right! I'm a huge panthers fan and have been since day one but the only jersey I've owned was Biakabutuka's, lol. My entire family would have Luck jersey's day one. Myself, my wife, and two dogs.

Lets do this poo!

#29 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

There really is no reason to go back and he'd be crazy if he did. Locker didn't come out last year because Bradford is/was a way better prospect. Bradford didn't come out two years ago because everyone was in love with Matt Stafford.

There isn't anyone else that could unseat Luck from #1. People need to tell him there is such a thing as online courses and summer school...lots of options for school. Not so many for the NFL.

#30 Erik Stall

Erik Stall

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

Because we are taking DeAndre Pressley, QB, THE Appalachian State University, with the first pick in the draft. Hurney is trying to trade up to assure we get him in the event of NFL expansion.

:puke: Pressley sucks

Clearly Luck would rather go to a much better city like Buffalo or Detroit or Jacksonville.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.