Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Lara Croft?

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Caught a Yahoo story that said there's talk of another "Tomb Raider" being made, but this one without prior Croft portrayer Angelina Jolie. Internet rumors have suggested Megan Fox as a replacement, but there's no word from the studio.

Not that big a fan of Jolie myself. Much more into Megan Fox. And can't honestly say I sat through an entire showing of either 'Tomb Raider' flick. I haven;t even played the 'Tomb Raider' games all that much.

(essentially 'Pitfall' with a chick in shorts, based on what I've seen)

Buuuut I'd still say Jolie was to Lara Croft what Christopher Reeve was to Superman, the perfect casting. I don't think Megan Fox, or anyone else for that matter, can define that persona as well.

Posted · Report post

Rona Mitra was and would be better than both.

Posted · Report post

No.

Posted · Report post

megan fox won't work because lara croft obviously has natural breasts.

Posted · Report post

Jolie is about as close to perfect for the roll as someone can get right now

Posted · Report post

rhona mitra is equally perfect. she was the original lara croft when they first started having her show up at conventions and stuff. right now she's playing the girl in the new underworld movie.

she even has the real accent.

Posted · Report post

I'd agree with Rhona Mitra on look. How old is she though? Might be as much about age as anything.

Overall though, I think Megan Fox would make a better Wonder Woman than Lara Croft.

Posted · Report post

rhona mitra is equally perfect. she was the original lara croft when they first started having her show up at conventions and stuff. right now she's playing the girl in the new underworld movie.

she even has the real accent.

Exactly. Jolie's horrible attempt at it made me turn the first movie off in 10 minutes. That, and I can't stand her anyway nor did I really care for the games. But I love Rhona.

Posted · Report post

Morena Baccarin for Wonder Woman like Joss Whedon originally wanted.

Posted · Report post

I cast my vote for Rhona too... does that matter?