#18 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

Because NFL scouts are sold on him like they haven't been sold on anyone since Peyton Manning.

(people thinking that other guys scouting reports have been just as good clearly haven't read them)

Confirmed by watching him myself every time I've had the chance.

I feel like he'll be a good player but not a legend. I also believe he will stay in school. So what would you think about Newton at #1?

#19 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

I was just thinking of this the other day sitting on the jon.

So, Arizona needs a QB and L Fitzgerald isn't happy. I say trade the no.1 pick to Arz for Fitz and Zona's no.1 pick. Also hire Marty Mornhinweg as head coach and trade for quarterback Kevin Kolb. This gives Carolina a good QB and two great wideouts and Zona's high 1st round pick to get the best DL available. Bang, bang, bang all the major holes are filled.

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,497 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

I was just thinking of this the other day sitting on the jon.

So, Arizona needs a QB and L Fitzgerald isn't happy. I say trade the no.1 pick to Arz for Fitz and Zona's no.1 pick. Also hire Marty Mornhinweg as head coach and trade for quarterback Kevin Kolb. This gives Carolina a good QB and two great wideouts and Zona's high 1st round pick to get the best DL available. Bang, bang, bang all the major holes are filled.

And one of the stupidest head coaches of all time :nonod:

#21 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,994 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:20 AM

fyi kolb wasn't exactly lighting it up before he got hurt.

#22 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,994 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

I feel like he'll be a good player but not a legend. I also believe he will stay in school. So what would you think about Newton at #1?

i think if luck goes back to school newton's stock rockets to number one.

#23 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

49ers want him bad

something like this could be on the table

2011: 1st rounder (around 5th overall), 2nd
2012: 1st, 3rd
2013: 2nd, 3rd

with a couple later round picks thrown in as well.

doubt a big time player gets thrown in. most value would just be the picks, any players would be backups or guys they just want to unload bad contracts.

kinda hard deal to pass up, you have to really be sure luck is the guy.

This except take the pics in 2013 and turn them into the 3rd round this year and the 4th rounder next year.
Then have the 2013 4th rounder

So

1st overall pick and luck for

2011 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
2012 - 1st, 3rd, 4th
2013 - 4th

#24 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

And one of the stupidest head coaches of all time :nonod:

I think he's done a great job in Philly, but yes he failed in Detroit but its Detroit.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,497 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

I think he's done a great job in Philly, but yes he failed in Detroit but its Detroit.

It wasn't just because of Detroit.

The defining moment of his head coaching career was when the Lions won the toss in a sudden death overtime game, and he let the other team have the ball first.

Three guesses what happened.

When asked why he had done it, he said something about believing in his defense. Marty, who cares if you believe in your defense? It's sudden death! You win and the game is over.

Those are not the actions of a bad head coach. They're the actions of an idiot :nonod:

No way I want Marty in any capacity that involves game management decisions.

Honestly, a lot of people have looked good under Andy Reid that have sucked when they went elsewhere (Brad Childress, for example).

#26 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

nobody this day and age would pull a Ditka and I think thats what it would take.. 2 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd and a solid player on o line or wr

#27 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

I would trade for the 9ers 1/2/3 this year, 1/2/3 next year. V. Davis and P. Willis, and that G from Idaho.

That's the only offer I've seen anyone on here make that would make me want to give up that pick and, of course, we have a 0 percent chance SF would be that dumb.

In other words, keep the pick if Luck declares. Period. No exceptions. Even if Luck refuses to play for Carolina (highly unlikely), wait until after you draft him and hold him for a kings ransom. Sombody will cough up the goods within the hour.

#28 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

If we did trade him to SF and acquire Willis in that trade, What do we do with Beason? I guess we could move him back to OLB, but I love Beason too much at MLB to force him to take the outside again. I would trade Beason if we got Willis, we should be able to get great value for Beason.

#29 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

I would trade for the 9ers 1/2/3 this year, 1/2/3 next year. V. Davis and P. Willis, and that G from Idaho.

pff give me one first round pick this year, V Davis, and P Willis.... where do I sign?? I cant imagine willis and beason on the same front 7. Great time to change to a 3-4

#30 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

Here's an idea:

Trade to Arizona

2011 1st, and 2nd round picks
2012 2nd and 3rd round picks + Fitz and Darnell Dockett

Gives us WR and DE help immediately and for a couple of years into the future so we can develop some younger players that we acquire with the additional picks.

If 9ers (with harbaugh) same picks as above + one of their 2011 4th round picks (they have 2 this year). Insert A. Davis and P. Willis (especially if we might convert to a 3-4 defense).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.