Photo
- - - - -

Trade #1/Luck...to who, and how much?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

I think he's done a great job in Philly, but yes he failed in Detroit but its Detroit.

It wasn't just because of Detroit.

The defining moment of his head coaching career was when the Lions won the toss in a sudden death overtime game, and he let the other team have the ball first.

Three guesses what happened.

When asked why he had done it, he said something about believing in his defense. Marty, who cares if you believe in your defense? It's sudden death! You win and the game is over.

Those are not the actions of a bad head coach. They're the actions of an idiot :nonod:

No way I want Marty in any capacity that involves game management decisions.

Honestly, a lot of people have looked good under Andy Reid that have sucked when they went elsewhere (Brad Childress, for example).

#26 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

nobody this day and age would pull a Ditka and I think thats what it would take.. 2 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd and a solid player on o line or wr

#27 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

I would trade for the 9ers 1/2/3 this year, 1/2/3 next year. V. Davis and P. Willis, and that G from Idaho.

That's the only offer I've seen anyone on here make that would make me want to give up that pick and, of course, we have a 0 percent chance SF would be that dumb.

In other words, keep the pick if Luck declares. Period. No exceptions. Even if Luck refuses to play for Carolina (highly unlikely), wait until after you draft him and hold him for a kings ransom. Sombody will cough up the goods within the hour.

#28 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

If we did trade him to SF and acquire Willis in that trade, What do we do with Beason? I guess we could move him back to OLB, but I love Beason too much at MLB to force him to take the outside again. I would trade Beason if we got Willis, we should be able to get great value for Beason.

#29 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

I would trade for the 9ers 1/2/3 this year, 1/2/3 next year. V. Davis and P. Willis, and that G from Idaho.

pff give me one first round pick this year, V Davis, and P Willis.... where do I sign?? I cant imagine willis and beason on the same front 7. Great time to change to a 3-4

#30 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

Here's an idea:

Trade to Arizona

2011 1st, and 2nd round picks
2012 2nd and 3rd round picks + Fitz and Darnell Dockett

Gives us WR and DE help immediately and for a couple of years into the future so we can develop some younger players that we acquire with the additional picks.

If 9ers (with harbaugh) same picks as above + one of their 2011 4th round picks (they have 2 this year). Insert A. Davis and P. Willis (especially if we might convert to a 3-4 defense).

#31 WARHORSE

WARHORSE

GNASHING OF TEETH

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

Sup guys.

John Elway is a Stanford man and now that hes going to be VP of football operations, word is hes going to be trying to recruit Harbaugh to be HC in Denver.

Elway will be an honorary alum at the Orange Bowl coin toss tonight and its been whispered that he will be hooking up with Harbaugh in the near future.

Elway, former Stanford signal caller himself as you know, is drooling over Luck.

Denver has the number two pick in the draft. Should Luck declare and Harbaugh be the HC in Denver, whats it going to take to move down one should Denver not be satisfied with The Golden Calf of Bristol?

#32 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

dont trade down, take Luck...

but if we had to trade down...

they get: 1st pick, 3rd round pick.

we get: 2nd pick, both of their 2nd round picks, The Golden Calf of Bristol, and all of their 1st round picks through 2020