Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

Intoxicated student shot trying to enter wrong home

81 posts in this topic

I had a similar situation actually. I was out of town on business and my gf at the time decided to stay at my apartment for the weekend.

At about 3 am someone started pounding on the door, demanding to be let in. Even tried to force the door (can't undo a deadbolt with a CC, genius). Finally after about 10 minutes, they gave up. She called me (I was fast asleep), then called the police. They came out and talked to her, said it was probably a drunk and it happens all the time, but they would patrol around there for awhile.

Sure enough when I came back, I saw my neighbors and asked them if they knew anything they said, "Yeah, I was going to apologize about that. My brother was in town and got the wrong door."

As all I have in my house is some good Japanese knives and a 4 inch Gerber folding blade, there was no chance of a shooting.

Yeah, I bet she was scared sh*tless. I don't own any guns either (mainly because I have kids in the house), so if someone broke into my house they'd probably get a 9 iron upside their head.

Yeah, I bet she was scared sh*tless. I don't own any guns either (mainly because I have kids in the house), so if someone broke into my house they'd probably get a 9 iron upside their head.

unless they had a gun.

That's not the question. The question is why is a kid THAT f*cked up. I've been sh*tfaced plenty of times, but never once ended up in another persons house. Not once.

Thank you.

/thread

unless they had a gun.

That's true, and that's a risk I'm going to have to take. I don't live in a high crime area, so I don't really think I'm taking that much of a risk.

That's true, and that's a risk I'm going to have to take. I don't live in a high crime area, so I don't really think I'm taking that much of a risk.

if you didn't have 37 kids you might have a safe place to hide one

Unfortunate but that is freedom I suppose. A good way to prevent having to hurt someone in such a situation is get some bad ass dogs.

Unfortunate but that is freedom I suppose. A good way to prevent having to hurt someone in such a situation is get some bad ass dogs.

then the dogs maul the poo outta the guy and you get served with a civil suit. With the state of our country, you would lose.

then the dogs maul the sh*t outta the guy and you get served with a civil suit. With the state of our country, you would lose.

oh i meant the dogs go crazy before someone gets in the door. a drunk college kid won't want to go in then. also dogs are a good security alarm anyway, my doberman wakes up with any sound