Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

Intoxicated student shot trying to enter wrong home

81 posts in this topic

On a side note when I was stationed in Germany I had this friend that was from El Salvador. This dude would drink like there was no tomorrow. He ended up going into the wrong barracks after a night of heavy drinking and he tried to get into bed with a guy that was sleeping in his bunk. Needless to say the MP's were called and he was taken away. He had a BAC of 0.40.

He just had no control over how much he drank and it took this situation to get him some help.

That's not the question. The question is why is a kid THAT f*cked up. I've been sh*tfaced plenty of times, but never once ended up in another persons house. Not once.

I had a similar situation actually. I was out of town on business and my gf at the time decided to stay at my apartment for the weekend.

At about 3 am someone started pounding on the door, demanding to be let in. Even tried to force the door (can't undo a deadbolt with a CC, genius). Finally after about 10 minutes, they gave up. She called me (I was fast asleep), then called the police. They came out and talked to her, said it was probably a drunk and it happens all the time, but they would patrol around there for awhile.

Sure enough when I came back, I saw my neighbors and asked them if they knew anything they said, "Yeah, I was going to apologize about that. My brother was in town and got the wrong door."

As all I have in my house is some good Japanese knives and a 4 inch Gerber folding blade, there was no chance of a shooting.

I had a similar situation actually. I was out of town on business and my gf at the time decided to stay at my apartment for the weekend.

At about 3 am someone started pounding on the door, demanding to be let in. Even tried to force the door (can't undo a deadbolt with a CC, genius). Finally after about 10 minutes, they gave up. She called me (I was fast asleep), then called the police. They came out and talked to her, said it was probably a drunk and it happens all the time, but they would patrol around there for awhile.

Sure enough when I came back, I saw my neighbors and asked them if they knew anything they said, "Yeah, I was going to apologize about that. My brother was in town and got the wrong door."

As all I have in my house is some good Japanese knives and a 4 inch Gerber folding blade, there was no chance of a shooting.

Yeah, I bet she was scared sh*tless. I don't own any guns either (mainly because I have kids in the house), so if someone broke into my house they'd probably get a 9 iron upside their head.

Yeah, I bet she was scared sh*tless. I don't own any guns either (mainly because I have kids in the house), so if someone broke into my house they'd probably get a 9 iron upside their head.

unless they had a gun.

That's not the question. The question is why is a kid THAT f*cked up. I've been sh*tfaced plenty of times, but never once ended up in another persons house. Not once.

Thank you.

/thread

unless they had a gun.

That's true, and that's a risk I'm going to have to take. I don't live in a high crime area, so I don't really think I'm taking that much of a risk.

That's true, and that's a risk I'm going to have to take. I don't live in a high crime area, so I don't really think I'm taking that much of a risk.

if you didn't have 37 kids you might have a safe place to hide one

Unfortunate but that is freedom I suppose. A good way to prevent having to hurt someone in such a situation is get some bad ass dogs.

Unfortunate but that is freedom I suppose. A good way to prevent having to hurt someone in such a situation is get some bad ass dogs.

then the dogs maul the poo outta the guy and you get served with a civil suit. With the state of our country, you would lose.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tbhx4