Photo
- - - - -

Intoxicated student shot trying to enter wrong home

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#31 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:12 PM

The kid was 2 times over the legal limit, he banged on the front door and the homeowner told him to leave. He then went around back and broke the screened door and broke a window. While sticking his hand through the window to open the lock the guy shot him twice. Really the guy probably could have waited for him to get in and see what was going on before he shot but im sure he freaked out and just shot. Its not his fault. It sucks.

#32 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,984 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

like most gun owners, that homeowner had been waiting with a hardon since the day he bought that gun for the chance to murder someone. sitting around intently waiting and wishing for someone to break into his house so he could kill them.

no i forgot the /t (for truth)

Is this like thinking all liberals are pot-smoking, communist homosexuals?
Lumping everyone in a group together because of the actions of one random person?

Do you say this kind of sh*t because it's what you really think or just to get a reaction? I'm just curious.

#33 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Yes, my son! :P

LOL. Post of the year. :D

#34 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

haha...ok?

No disrespect....but almost every post of yours in the tinderbox has almost made me laugh due to their lack of objectiveness, ignorance, or just plain being dumb.

So you calling someone who has different political views then you a moron (especially on a post where he seemed to be sarcastic) was funny to me.

Anyway, I'm sure there could have plenty of other solutions then to shoot the kid. Hell, I know of two kids who have done something like this while drunk and each one was resolved peacefully or just by calling the cops. No one was shot dead. This guy more then likely overreacted and felt like the gun gave him power. I will however withhold judgment becuase I do not know all the circumstances.

#35 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

No disrespect....but almost every post of yours in the tinderbox has almost made me laugh due to their lack of objectiveness, ignorance, or just plain being dumb.

So you calling someone who has different political views then you a moron (especially on a post where he seemed to be sarcastic) was funny to me.

Anyway, I'm sure there could have plenty of other solutions then to shoot the kid. Hell, I know of two kids who have done something like this while drunk and each one was resolved peacefully or just by calling the cops. No one was shot dead. This guy more then likely overreacted and felt like the gun gave him power. I will however withhold judgment becuase I do not know all the circumstances.

Just curious...how did you feel about Bernhard Goetz?

#36 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

right to bear...or is it bare....arms plus the right to protect what is rightfully yours + one drunk kid trying too hard to get in to the wrong place at the wrong time is going to end in tragedy everytime....unfortunate, but I might have acted in the same way. Sign of the times!

#37 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

haha yea, no disrespect...if you think what im saying is ignorant, than you seriously need to get your head checked. i'd like to know specifically what you think is "dumb" that ive said. interesting enough, ive never seen you refute anything ive said.

this topic has nothiong to do with political views. i called him a moron because whenever a point is made by any of the conservatives on here, he replies with a smartass remark. rarely does "rodeo" attempt to explain his "logic."

yea, other things could have been done. but the fact of the matter is those kids only have themselves to blame. since when are individuals no longer held responsible for their actions?

if you are under the influence of a drug, and you try to enter someone else's house late at night, what else do you expect to happen? thats a lose lose situation.

#38 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

Just curious...how did you feel about Bernhard Goetz?

He was clearly being mugged on a subway where there was no where to run and no one to help (I assume, because it happened late at night, at least thats what I thought). He made a decision to defend himself, like many of us would.

However, there is a difference in shooting a college kid and shooting 4 men trying to clearly mug/harm you. I also think the court decision was fair. He was actually only convicted one one gun violation, considering he shot four men and paralyzed one. Did those men deserve it? Sure, but if some type of guideline is not set then anyone could shoot dead, at any time and it could be classified as self defense.

I am not anti-gun, one of my good friends owns a gun store and I enjoy learning and holding/ getting experience with different guns. I'm sure this guy felt threatened by someone trying to break into his house, but his wife was already calling 911, this guy could have just delayed the kid instead of shooting him dead.

Really it comes down to the circumstances, but for people in those situations who don't have time to think I understand they make quick decisions. I just hope they are the right ones.

#39 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

Is this like thinking all liberals are pot-smoking, communist homosexuals?
Lumping everyone in a group together because of the actions of one random person?

Do you say this kind of sh*t because it's what you really think or just to get a reaction? I'm just curious.

its pretty obvious he just wants a reaction. the dude never has anything actually worthwhile to say. its smart-ass remark, after amart-ass remark with him.

#40 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

haha yea, no disrespect...if you think what im saying is ignorant, than you seriously need to get your head checked. i'd like to know specifically what you think is "dumb" that ive said. interesting enough, ive never seen you refute anything ive said.

this topic has nothiong to do with political views. i called him a moron because whenever a point is made by any of the conservatives on here, he replies with a smartass remark. rarely does "rodeo" attempt to explain his "logic."

yea, other things could have been done. but the fact of the matter is those kids only have themselves to blame. since when are individuals no longer held responsible for their actions?

if you are under the influence of a drug, and you try to enter someone else's house late at night, what else do you expect to happen? thats a lose lose situation.

Well I guess I will look at more threads in the tinderbox and pay more attention before I jump to the conclusions. However, from what I've seen you are a die hard conservative who will fight to the argue to the death over everything. The same goes for die hard liberals, yet I tend to disagree with you more i guess. I will try to be more objective though. And it sort of is a political point, because it all goes back to gun laws.

#41 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

He was clearly being mugged on a subway where there was no where to run and no one to help (I assume, because it happened late at night, at least thats what I thought). He made a decision to defend himself, like many of us would.

However, there is a difference in shooting a college kid and shooting 4 men trying to clearly mug/harm you. I also think the court decision was fair. He was actually only convicted one one gun violation, considering he shot four men and paralyzed one. Did those men deserve it? Sure, but if some type of guideline is not set then anyone could shoot dead, at any time and it could be classified as self defense.

I am not anti-gun, one of my good friends owns a gun store and I enjoy learning and holding/ getting experience with different guns. I'm sure this guy felt threatened by someone trying to break into his house, but his wife was already calling 911, this guy could have just delayed the kid instead of shooting him dead.

Really it comes down to the circumstances, but for people in those situations who don't have time to think I understand they make quick decisions. I just hope they are the right ones.

I think he actually lost a civil case later and owes the families of those kids millions. The long haired pony tailed lawyer went against him...can't remember his name but he's a famous pain in the ass.

I'm sorry, but if you kill someone while driving drunk, the courts don't say "oh well, he was drunk...give him a lighter sentence."

If you bust into someone else's house, whether you're that stinking drunk or if you're trying to take something, you get what you deserve. Just MHO.

#42 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

I think he actually lost a civil case later and owes the families of those kids millions. The long haired pony tailed lawyer went against him...can't remember his name but he's a famous pain in the ass.

I'm sorry, but if you kill someone while driving drunk, the courts don't say "oh well, he was drunk...give him a lighter sentence."

If you bust into someone else's house, whether you're that stinking drunk or if you're trying to take something, you get what you deserve. Just MHO.

I agree with you to an extent here. Yet, if someone is driing drunk they get what they deserve if they are caught. Even without harming anyone they are in a ton of legal trouble, with the fines and tickets and what not.

This kid could have gotten off with public intox if he had been delayed or firmly removed by the house owner. Now it isn't the house owners responsibility to do this, and if the kid had gotten in you could add breaking and entering to the list.

Now the difference of drunk driving and being a drunk college kid looking for you bed getting charged with public intox is a big difference.

#43 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:56 PM

I agree with you to an extent here. Yet, if someone is driing drunk they get what they deserve if they are caught. Even without harming anyone they are in a ton of legal trouble, with the fines and tickets and what not.

This kid could have gotten off with public intox if he had been delayed or firmly removed by the house owner. Now it isn't the house owners responsibility to do this, and if the kid had gotten in you could add breaking and entering to the list.

Now the difference of drunk driving and being a drunk college kid looking for you bed getting charged with public intox is a big difference.

I agree with you. I just wonder how you can be that freaking drunk. I've tied one on many, many times. Never considered breaking into someone's house. If I locked myself out of my own, I'd sleep it off in the car or the porch.

#44 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,243 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

Tough call, with so many home invasion robberies resulting in dead home owners these days......
Just do a Google, this stuff happens all the time.

The two men accused of a brutal Connecticut home invasion may not have had violent crimes in their long lists of prior convictions, but sources tell local newspapers the pair's record changed when they invaded the home of a prominent doctor early Monday morning.

"This is everyone's worst nightmare," Lt. Jay Markella, Cheshire police spokesman, told the Waterbury newspaper. "It's by far the worst thing any of us have ever seen."

Joshua Komisarjevsky, 26, of Cheshire, and Steven Hayes, 44, of Winsted, were arraigned Tuesday on charges of assault, sexual assault, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, arson, larceny and risk of injury to children. More charges are pending, state police said Tuesday night. The two men could face the death penalty.

Prosecutor Michael Dearington said he had not yet decided whether to pursue the death penalty.

"I know the public consensus is they should be fried tomorrow," he said.

The state medical examiner confirmed that Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, was strangled and that her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela, died of smoke inhalation. The deaths were ruled homicides.

The girls' father, Dr. William Petit Jr., a prominent endocrinologist, remained hospitalized with head injuries.

All three women were raped, sources familiar with the investigation told both the Waterbury Republican-American and Hartford Courant. Petit was beaten with a baseball bat, thrown down the basement stairs, and then tied up in the cellar.

The girls, sources told the Courant, were tied to their beds and raped repeatedly, then left to burn after gasoline was poured around their beds and ignited.

The suspects entered the Petits' Cheshire home at about 3 a.m. Monday, planning to burglarize it, state police said.

Sources familiar with the investigation tell the Republican-American that Hawke-Petit and Michaela were followed home from a supermarket Sunday by the suspects. The men then went to a Wal-Mart to buy an air rifle and a rope, and then waited about a mile-and-a-half away

http://www.cbsnews.c...e=mostpop_story

http://www.google.co... murder&aq=f=

#45 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

The long haired pony tailed lawyer went against him...can't remember his name but he's a famous pain in the ass.

Bill Diehl?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com