• 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

Bill Diehl?

I wanna say Ron Something or other.

#47 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

The home owner does not deserve to have charges pressed against him. He obviously felt he was in threat of great bodily harm or death, and he acted accordingly.

#48 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

Forgot a couple things. First, when you discharge a firearm, YOU are responsible for the round. If you fire it into the air, you are to blame where ever it may land.

Second, the home owner fired two rounds, enough to stop the threat. You do not shoot an intruder/attacker in the leg. You aim for center mass, the chest, which gives you the biggest target and opportunity to hit vital organs to take down the suspect.

Sounds like the home owner did everything right.

#49 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

Forgot a couple things. First, when you discharge a firearm, YOU are responsible for the round. If you fire it into the air, you are to blame where ever it may land.

Second, the home owner fired two rounds, enough to stop the threat. You do not shoot an intruder/attacker in the leg. You aim for center mass, the chest, which gives you the biggest target and opportunity to hit vital organs to take down the suspect.

Sounds like the home owner did everything right.

If any of you disagree, I'm sending Cat of War over with his gun.

#50 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

If any of you disagree, I'm sending Cat of War over with his gun.

Nice.

#51 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

Well I guess I will look at more threads in the tinderbox and pay more attention before I jump to the conclusions. However, from what I've seen you are a die hard conservative who will fight to the argue to the death over everything. The same goes for die hard liberals, yet I tend to disagree with you more i guess. I will try to be more objective though. And it sort of is a political point, because it all goes back to gun laws.

i am a die-hard conservative when it comes to economics, yes. i do have some liberal in me...when it comes to gay rights, abortion (to an extent) and other issues of that sort.

we can only hope that the united states will never see the day where firearms are banned across the board. dont want to end up like england now do we?

#52 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

Yes, shoot to kill is what I've always heard. Otherwise, you'll probably end up with a major lawsuit and being responsible for their medical bills. Plus, shooting in the leg may anger them more and they hurt you more or kill you - especially if they are on some serious drugs and adrenaline kicks in. Not to mention, shooting in the leg could hit and artery and them bleed out, killing them anyway (Sean Taylor from the Redskins?).

#53 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

i am a die-hard conservative when it comes to economics, yes. i do have some liberal in me...when it comes to gay rights, abortion (to an extent) and other issues of that sort.

we can only hope that the united states will never see the day where firearms are banned across the board. dont want to end up like england now do we?

As I get older the more I realize that it's all a bunch of horse poo. Dems, Pubs, conservatives, liberals, etc., are all the same. Just be a good person. Do what is right. Uphold the Constitution of the United States, do not let our Bill of rights be taken away, and if they are unable to do that, act upon the 2nd paragraph of the Deceleration of Independence.

#54 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

As I get older the more I realize that it's all a bunch of horse sh*t. Dems, Pubs, conservatives, liberals, etc., are all the same. Just be a good person. Do what is right. Uphold the Constitution of the United States, do not let our Bill of rights be taken away, and if they are unable to do that, act upon the 2nd paragraph of the Deceleration of Independence.

well said.

#55 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Deceleration---or going away of independence.

#56 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

Deceleration---or going away of independence.

You are right, and that is the problem. It is only going to get worse.

#57 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

well said.

Wait....you agree with that? Nearly every post I read of yours is about damn libs thinking like this or damn dems acting like that.

#58 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

Venoms real name is Sybil.....

#59 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

I used to support gay rights, til I found out it was infiltrated with homosexuals. Bah!

#60 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,974 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

true story in atlanta if you shoot someone on your property you're basically untouchable regardless of circumstance if you just say that you "felt threatened," even if you shoot a guy in the back who was fleeing. as long as you get him before he gets to the street. also cops ask you to shoot to kill so they won't have as much paperwork

the kicker is that you get fined for discharging a firearm within city limits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com