Photo
- - - - -

Intoxicated student shot trying to enter wrong home

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#73 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

I had a similar situation actually. I was out of town on business and my gf at the time decided to stay at my apartment for the weekend.

At about 3 am someone started pounding on the door, demanding to be let in. Even tried to force the door (can't undo a deadbolt with a CC, genius). Finally after about 10 minutes, they gave up. She called me (I was fast asleep), then called the police. They came out and talked to her, said it was probably a drunk and it happens all the time, but they would patrol around there for awhile.

Sure enough when I came back, I saw my neighbors and asked them if they knew anything they said, "Yeah, I was going to apologize about that. My brother was in town and got the wrong door."

As all I have in my house is some good Japanese knives and a 4 inch Gerber folding blade, there was no chance of a shooting.

Yeah, I bet she was scared sh*tless. I don't own any guns either (mainly because I have kids in the house), so if someone broke into my house they'd probably get a 9 iron upside their head.

Edited by stankowalski, 30 January 2009 - 12:42 PM.

#74 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I bet she was scared sh*tless. I don't own any guns either (mainly because I have kids in the house), so if someone broke into my house they'd probably get a 9 iron upside their head.

unless they had a gun.

#75 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

That's not the question. The question is why is a kid THAT f*cked up. I've been sh*tfaced plenty of times, but never once ended up in another persons house. Not once.

Thank you.

/thread

#76 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

unless they had a gun.

That's true, and that's a risk I'm going to have to take. I don't live in a high crime area, so I don't really think I'm taking that much of a risk.

#77 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

i dont know for sure how many guns are in america (U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies. http://www.reuters.c...348938200708280)

but im sure glad what rodeo said about gun owners isnt true

#78 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

That's true, and that's a risk I'm going to have to take. I don't live in a high crime area, so I don't really think I'm taking that much of a risk.

if you didn't have 37 kids you might have a safe place to hide one

#79 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Unfortunate but that is freedom I suppose. A good way to prevent having to hurt someone in such a situation is get some bad ass dogs.

#80 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
Guests

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

Unfortunate but that is freedom I suppose. A good way to prevent having to hurt someone in such a situation is get some bad ass dogs.

then the dogs maul the poo outta the guy and you get served with a civil suit. With the state of our country, you would lose.

#81 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

then the dogs maul the sh*t outta the guy and you get served with a civil suit. With the state of our country, you would lose.

oh i meant the dogs go crazy before someone gets in the door. a drunk college kid won't want to go in then. also dogs are a good security alarm anyway, my doberman wakes up with any sound